Question :

Options
does it matter how late you eat, what i mean is i wake up everyday @ 1030 (Nice huh..) start work @ 1300 and get off @ 2100, i find myself every day eating my last meal between 2100 - 2130. Every night i get to bed between 200am & 3:00am...granted i'm starving by that time and to me that is the hardest part of my day....can anytell me if 2100 is to late or is it ok....i try to eat every 2 to 3 hrs...6 times a day...

Replies

• kmatanzas
    kmatanzas Posts: 25
    Options
    does it matter how late you eat, what i mean is i wake up everyday @ 1030 (Nice huh..) start work @ 1300 and get off @ 2100, i find myself every day eating my last meal between 2100 - 2130. Every night i get to bed between 200am & 3:00am...granted i'm starving by that time and to me that is the hardest part of my day....can anytell me if 2100 is to late or is it ok....i try to eat every 2 to 3 hrs...6 times a day...
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    I think your body gets used to the schedule that you are most on routinely. That being said you say you are starving so maybe a small snack before you get home just to tide you over. It sounds like your whole day is wrapped around your work schedule so make it work for you. Just my opinion .:bigsmile:
  • jpwarner
    jpwarner Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    It isn't so much how late you eat, but how soon you eat before you go to bed. When you eat then sleep everything turns to fat. That is one reason sumo wrestlers eat very big meals and then rest after wards. It's like putting wood in the fire but then leaving the room. It is going to burn up one way or the other, better to burn as energy than into fat.
  • Wantabe
    Wantabe Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Thanks JP. So, if I have a lot of calories, at my last meal, give myself enough time to burn the calories off, right?
  • pam0206
    pam0206 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    It really shouldn't matter when you eat your calories as long as you are staying within your daily allowance EVEN if you eat right before bed.
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    That news about eating before bed is totally myth. But it probably won't feel so good to go to bed on a super full tummy either. Just make sure you final meal is balanced and light enough to allow you to drift off to sleep :bigsmile:
  • REB89
    REB89 Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    It isn't so much how late you eat, but how soon you eat before you go to bed. When you eat then sleep everything turns to fat. That is one reason sumo wrestlers eat very big meals and then rest after wards. It's like putting wood in the fire but then leaving the room. It is going to burn up one way or the other, better to burn as energy than into fat.

actually i think you'll find (from other posts with people who know more than me!) that it is not about when you eat but how much you eat. Obviously it's not a good idea to eat hardly anything during the day and then a huge meal right before bed mainly because you'd be very uncomfortable! A lot of people think night eating leads to weight gain, and it can but not because it turns into fat more easily than eating suring the day but simply because this is the time when a lot of people eat mindlessly and therefore consume more calories.