diners drive-ins and dives

Options
fayemal
fayemal Posts: 20 Member
does anybody torture themselves by watching this show? The food seriously looks AMAZING. Haven't changed the channel all day.

Replies

• TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    do not like guy fieri. he's from the same area I am, I actually know his coke dealer. the food on the show always looks good though.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    I watch it often, hit up a place that was showcased for brunch on sunday. Was excellent.

Fun show. Some people hate on Guy, but some people hate on kitties and puppies too.
  • fayemal
    fayemal Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Yeah I don't like him as much as adam richman, he doesn't seem as enthusiastic about the food sometimes lol :frown:
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    I don't know anything about the show. But I was on the same airplane as Guy. I didn't know who he was but had to ask after I saw him taking pictures and signing autographs.
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    If I'm home alone during the day I tend to have foodnetwork on for background noise. Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives is pretty cool. There are things I'd like to try if I got the chance and some things seem like they're just begging to induce a heart attack...
  • JuantonBliss
    JuantonBliss Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    If I'm home alone during the day I tend to have foodnetwork on for background noise. Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives is pretty cool. There are things I'd like to try if I got the chance and some things seem like they're just begging to induce a heart attack...

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ This on so many levels lol I love watching shows about food in general, especially if they have a traveling aspect, although most of the time it's torture because either I won't eat it cause it has animal products in it or it just looks so unhealthy I just won't put my body through it. But I still love watching them because there is a level of education to it. I like learning where all these different restaurants are, especially the ones from my are :)
  • emAZn
    emAZn Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I always watch this when I'm on the machines at the gym. My friend says I like to torture myself...
  • BexleyGirl
    Options
    Watching the show right now....love it.
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    do not like guy fieri. he's from the same area I am, I actually know his coke dealer. the food on the show always looks good though.

Well, it's only bad for his health if it's diet Coke.
  • grillingirl
    grillingirl Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I love watching Food Network! I have to watch out though because it makes me sooooo hungry! I like Guy Fieri even though my son says he's a "tool"! Lol
  • TheEffort
    TheEffort Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    I loved that show...won't eat at those places now but back in the day...:tongue:
  • Tessyloowhoo
    Options
    ugh this is always on the wall of TV's at the gym when i go... I fricken hate cardio so why would i want to watch some guy eat amazeballs food i cant have while i do it...
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options

Well, it's only bad for his health if it's diet Coke.

true that. this is straight up non diet. its so non diet the guy is sweating bullets 24/7. oh wait...
  • pjlove1
    pjlove1 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Guy kicks butt. His haters more often than not are complete morons.
  • xDawnsgrace
    Options
    Guy is my idol, lol. i love this show.
  • dmvarner
    dmvarner Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Love love love the triple d. The best part is showcasing mom & pop places and the humor!
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    ugh this is always on the wall of TV's at the gym when i go... I fricken hate cardio so why would i want to watch some guy eat amazeballs food i cant have while i do it...
    Having been to a couple of the places he did in his shows, you probably aren't missing much. Both were disappointments.
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    It is definitely more geared towards guys, so I can see why you would hate it.
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,803 Member
    Options
    Guy is awesome, I have eatten at a few of the places he went to, never as good as they look on the show.

tumblr_mpne3qXbAt1r7ptdzo1_500.jpg
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    I've had mixed results with places he's been to. Some of the places in Maine, stellar, MA.. suck *kitten*. Just depends. Had more hits than misses on the west coast though.