Can't get rid of those last few pounds

Options
I'm 5'6" and 119 lbs with bf 27% but can't seem to lose those last couple of lbs. I do cardio on the elliptical at 150-160 rpm for 5hrs /wk at incline of 4 and an additional 2 hrs/wk of weights. I am a gf vegetarian but do get about 50 Gm of protein in per day and eat below my allotted calories each day. I can't do heavy weights due to lower back and neck issues but I do manage to lift in a moderate weight range with sets of 12-15 reps. Any suggestions for carving out those last few lbs?

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,526 Member
    Options
    Well with only 87lbs of lean muscle, and doing more cardio along with endurance training, chances are that it's gonna take awhile unless you change your training regimen since you may be slowly losing more lean mass.
    You don't need the cardio to lose the weight and should option to modify the workouts to 5-8 reps per exercise with appropriate resistance. Don't let a bad back or neck hamper you from training arms, chest and legs.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • cgm117
    cgm117 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the input. I probably need to sculpt now more than focusing on fat reduction. Just a bit fearful of my back "going out" with higher weights. Good form should reduce that probability.