Pregnancy & Weight Management

Options
In 2011/2012 while pregnant with my first son I found myself at 360 pounds at my heaviest. It wasn't all baby, I was 290 before I even conceived but seeing that the scale at my obgyn's office only had a few more little ticks before it could no longer measure me was more than upsetting... then I met him, my miracle baby. After being told I would never have children because of my weight, possible PCOS and cysts on my ovaries, I met my precious miracle baby Juliano. I knew when I looked at him that I needed to do something to fix myself if I was going to be around to be the mom he needed... so I did.

preggothenandnow_zps536849d1.jpg

I lost over 155 lbs and while I am still in the obese category and have not yet reached my personal goal of 160 I am excited to say I am 14 weeks pregnant, and this time I dont have a starting weight of 290 but closer to 210. I am very anxious about gaining weight back, I have added 300 calories as directed to make sure the baby gets what it needs, and I have lightened my routine to safe activities. I am reaching out to other women who are pregnant (due around March 2014) whom I can buddy-up with so we can take this exciting journey together and be of support to one another. Please feel free to add me. Kalah

Replies

• JoelleAnn78
    JoelleAnn78 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Look how beautiful you are! I love both pictures, but you look happier in the second one :love: