Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Diabetic need healthy diet,

Euchalotta here , I just lost 30 lb. but ,how do I know if my 1200 calorie diet is right for a diabetic ?

Replies

• mrmagee3
    mrmagee3 Posts: 518 Member
    The easiest way would be to take your blood glucose (and A1c) and see where it's at. If you give a little bit more information (your food logs, your blood sugar logs, and what type of diabetes you have) it would be helpful.
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Yep. More information is required. Such as your age, height and current weight.
    You can go to bloodsugar101.com and click on the 'diet' tab for more information that is related specifically to diabetes.

1200 cal per day is not always appropriate, for instance, I'm 5' 45 yrs old and currently weigh 137# Because I have an active job, and I do weight training 3 x weekly, my daily caloric intake to maintain my weight is about 2000 cal...since I'm still trying to lose to get down to somewhere around 120#, my calories are set for about 1540 cal. A modest deficit of 3500 cal over the course of about 7 days is all that is needed to lose 1# per week.

I use VLCK (very low carb ketogenic) diet and LISS (low intensity steady state), otherwise know as walking :laugh: to control my T2D and near as I can tell, if you have your BG's under control (assuming you are T2D) then all you really have to do is create a deficit either by diet or exercise, preferably both.

If all else is equal, then you should be able to go the site listed below & fill in all the boxes and it will calculate for you what your caloric requirements are and how much you can cut to lose weight safely.

http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/

Good luck with it. :drinker: