Sweat dripping into your eyeballs - Help?

Options

Replies

• melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Wrist band for me - both when running and during zumba. Mine also has a little hidden pocket where I can keep a key, or a bag if I'm running with my dogs, or some magic energy beans.
  • ashleyinthecold
    ashleyinthecold Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I wear a half-buff when I run. And a bandana when I play flag football and softball. They do the job for me.

I had to look up what a half-buff was, but I think that might work well! It doesn't look doofy. Yeah!

You don't want to look like that??

Anyway, I read some good amazon reviews on some kind of headband with gutters in it, so it redirects the sweat behind your ears, rather than in your face.

I saw that! It almost looks like something you'd see as a gag gift, but it had pretty good reviews.
    I just don't trim my uni-brow and let it do the work (j/k)

Now there's an idea. ;)
  • clareyoung80
    clareyoung80 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I wear a bandanna AND a sweat band. I look awesome...
  • Pinkranger626
    Pinkranger626 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I really like my Bondi Bands! They are super absorbant, make it through my long run as well as 90 minutes of hot yoga without getting sweat in my eyes. They even have ones with funny sayings or decorations on them!

www.bondibands.com

PLUS I've always had a problem with regular headbands and bandanas falling off my head. These stay exactly where i put them throughout every workout, and they don't squeeze the heck out of your head either.
  • scottb81
    scottb81 Posts: 2,538 Member
    Options
    My sweat doesn't sting any more.

Not sure why, but it stopped about the time it got really hot this summer (and I sweat buckets).
    The reason is that as your fitness improves your body loses less electrolyte through sweat. So, your sweat is mostly just plain water now.
  • amandajones1978
    Options
    I dont know if anyone chimed in on Bondi Bands but I LOVE mine!

http://www.bondiband.com/

I sweat buckets during my workouts and these work so well to keep the sweat out of my eyes.
  • Cooriander
    Cooriander Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    I use a wrist sweat band. I wear one for my watch (I am allergic against the metal, and one for sweat on my other wrist).
  • RunnerInVT
    RunnerInVT Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Make SURE you wash them out really well when done!! My hubby got a bad infection on his forhead from the baseball cap he wore during his walks. Dr. said throw them out, get new ones and wash them daily. I wear a running cap or a band, but I run a ton, so its not as bad as it used to be, reiterating what Scott said. :)
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    Please excuse this borderline snarky response:

Stop tweezing your eyebrows. That's why evolution left them there.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    I wear a cap on runs and use a towel in the gym. It's not that complicated
  • lovebig30
    lovebig30 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    bandanna I have all kinds of designs I just fold them and wear like a headband pulled to the front.
  • sigalsirkin
    sigalsirkin Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I wear a headband. I would rather be comfortable when I work out. I would rather look like I am from the 80's than have my eyes burn. The headband works perfectly and I never have sweat dripping into my eyes and I am normally drenched after my workouts.
  • ashleyinthecold
    Options
    I dont know if anyone chimed in on Bondi Bands but I LOVE mine!

http://www.bondiband.com/

I sweat buckets during my workouts and these work so well to keep the sweat out of my eyes.

This looks perfect! Thanks. :)
  • ashleyinthecold
    Options
    I wear a cap on runs and use a towel in the gym. It's not that complicated

Guess you missed the part where I said I don't always have a chance to grab my towel in the middle of a set. Buuut thanks anyway, friend.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I don't understand how you could possible NOT want to look like that- I think its' SUPER FABULOUS!!! :D

(says the girl who HAS worn underwear over her neon pants to squat)

I just whip it off onto my sleeve, shirt or pants. I sweat a bit- and there is just a point it winds up on the floor- too bad so sad- I clean up when I'm done.

Otherwise- use your hand- use a wrist sweat band- they make those for a reason other than for brake fluid covers. (and no- I'm not explaining- if you know- you know- if you don't too bad)

but yes- wrist sweat bands.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Just wear the sweat band and get your workout done.

Really, who cares what you look like. Getting fit should be worth looking goofy for a little.
  • Mainebikerchick
    Mainebikerchick Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    I just wipe it off before it gets in my eyes....
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    That **** burns! I seem to have started sweating profusely when I work out. And I'm usually moving around too much to always grab my towel.

Has anyone discovered a solution (besides aforementioned sweat towel) to keep the sweat out of your eyes without looking like this?

7.gif

Why haters gotta hate? I love my dorky bands, I wear them with my shorty shorts and knee socks. Seriously, I love the **** out of my sweat bands and I don't give a **** what other people think.
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    I layer a bandana under a visor when I'm outside. When I'm inside, I layer a few headbands and remove them as they get soaked. I also use a towel to wipe my face at home, since I sweat in ridiculous amounts.
  • DashDeV
    DashDeV Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mswcns2Zqm1rwq528o1_500.jpg