Whey Protien?

I know it helps build muscle, but does it help burn fat? I'm new to Why products so I'm not sure how it works.:laugh: Anyone know? :smile:

Replies

• CMB1979
    CMB1979 Posts: 588 Member
    I know it helps build muscle, but does it help burn fat? I'm new to Why products so I'm not sure how it works.:laugh: Anyone know? :smile:

If you lift weights and build muscle using whey as a quick digesting protein source for help, then the extra muscle you build will use more calories and burn more fat as a result. Drinking whey itself doesn't burn fat directly.
  • susieoj
    susieoj Posts: 181
    If you get a decent type, it's delicious in a shake lol. It's a protein source like chicken - but chocolate whey protein powder tastes a heck of a lot better blended with almond milk and ice cubes than chicken does. :) no magic, just food.
  • Hauntinglyfit
    Hauntinglyfit Posts: 5,537 Member
    No food helps burn fat. Whey protein is great if you are unable to reach your protein goals otherwise. And it won't "build muscle" on it's own either. You need a lifting program for that.
    If your goal is burning fat, I would suggest maintaining a slight caloric deficit, lifting and making sure your protein intake is adequate so that you maintain your muscle mass while losing weight.
  • Thank you everyone for the awesome explanations. I now understand how to use Whey Products. :).