Go to hell scale

Options
2»

Replies

• kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    I've lost maybe 3 lbs in the last 4 months, on the scale..
    I'm right now wearing a shirt that I didn't fit 2 months ago, and rings that I couldn't wear for the last 6 years.

The scale is a lying jerk.

Could be you lost fat and put on muscle....so a body re composition....
    Remember, muscle weighs more than fat. :wink:

I'm slowly learning that! I've put the scale away for the entire month of September. It's been 10 days and I haven't stepped on it once (I'm a chronic weigher)

I've upped my calories a bit, I'm doing the Stronglifts program and 3-75 minute fitness classes a week. The scale doesn't like me.. but the measuring tape sure does!! haha

Thanks!! :flowerforyou:
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    I'm right now wearing a shirt that I didn't fit 2 months ago, and rings that I couldn't wear for the last 6 years.

I'm slowly learning that! I've put the scale away for the entire month of September. It's been 10 days and I haven't stepped on it once (I'm a chronic weigher)

I've upped my calories a bit, I'm doing the Stronglifts program and 3-75 minute fitness classes a week. The scale doesn't like me.. but the measuring tape sure does!! haha

Thanks!! :flowerforyou:

I hardly step on the scale....maybe once a week if I do it at all....and it is the same scale every time.

I choose to use the mirror and my food log.
  • VorJoshigan
    VorJoshigan Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    That sounds really frustrating.

I can't imagine worrying about 4 pounds. I gain 4 lbs if I just get backed up a bit.
  • kmwrestle
    kmwrestle Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    my weight can fluctuate 10lbs depending on time of day what I ate etc.

I always weight myself in the morning before I eat or drink anything and wearing the same thing
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options

Doubt that it's muscle gain. Maybe muscle retention with fat loss.
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options

Doubt that it's muscle gain. Maybe muscle retention with fat loss.

Whatever it is, it tells a better truth than the scale!
  • sarah_lou22
    Options
    Were you weighing at a different time of day? Wearing any clothes? Had you drunk or eaten anything? Gone to the bathroom? All these things will affect your scale weight. Plus sometimes different scales can be a bit off. Even if your scales at home are a bit off, it's a comparative thing. You haven't suddenly put on 4lbs.
    \]

exactly what I was going to say.
  • teamstanish
    teamstanish Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    There are three things that have helped me overcome the number on the scale (because it lies).

1. Get your body fat % measured and be more concerned about lowering that than what the scale is saying.

2. Measure inches lost, there are many times the scale never moves but you are losing inches.

3. Progress pictures, when you get discouraged or can't see any progress it is a great reminder to have pictures for comparison. It has kept me on track many a time.
  • Inoppy
    Inoppy Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Try to weigh your self at the same time of day (morning preferably) with the same scale, same clothes (or lack of is probably more effective). This will give you a more consistent read of the scale.

Also, if your scale is analog, check that it calibrated correctly.

Chin up, keep going, it'll be worth it in the end!
  • meggiefergel
    Options
    i feel you, but keep in mind that chicks have a lot of variables that effect the scale, like water retention prior and during the menstrual cycle. scales can go straight to hell, but hang in there!
  • roverdisc98
    roverdisc98 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I know where that one freakin pound came from: you weighed at 8pm, with shoes and clothes on, after dinner. Duhhhhh

weigh once a week at the same time. in the morning after you pee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • 1brokegal44
    1brokegal44 Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Doctor's scales and home scales always vary. Just weigh yourself at the same time each week using the same scale. Also, pay attention to how you look, feel, how your clothes fit, etc. The scale isn't the only measure of success. It's just a number. :flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.