addicted to Starbucks

Options
2»

Replies

• jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Add up how much you are spending a week in Starbucks- money AND calories. You will be shocked, I'm sure!! Think of what you could be doing with that money and what quality calories you could be eating!! Buy a bag of Starbucks coffee and make your own at home. Buy a bottle of sugar-free syrup and fat free milk. MUCH cheaper and a LOT less calories.

Guess I'm just too frugal (or cheap!) for Starbucks other than a very rare treat!!
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    I love coffee, and I like Starbucks (wouldn't say I love it), but I have made some great drinks experimenting at home with coffee. For example, one of my favorites is half coffee and half milk, with a school of vanilla protein powder- you can even add a sugar free syrup, some cinnamon, or a dash of Hershey's syrup. It's not exactly a frapuccino, but it's pretty darn nasty, much cheaper, and much better for you... just a suggestion! :flowerforyou:
  • tommygirl15
    tommygirl15 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you on the Starbucks addiction!! I'm a chai latte junkie, but when I found out how much fat/sugar/cals it had I stopped cold turkey. I miss it SO much, you have no idea. I miss the scones, and the cookies too.... *sigh*

ditto! if u look at the first couple of weeks of my diary on here.... its full of frappes and then it hit me... OMG I COULD EAT LIKE A SANDWICH INSTEAD!!!!

so now i order regular grande coffee with room. add fat free milk... one raw cane sugar or one splenda.... sprinkle some chocolate or cinnamon... and try and indulge.

i miss it =(

i cant believe in high school i used to get VENTI with like extra chocolate... my my my.... this was a DAILY thing.

Yeah the shock was crazy, it was a daily thing for me as well. I'm so nuts for Starbucks that I even got the Starbucks app for my iPhone, lol. That's actually where I found the calorie counts for my drink. The good thing about it though is that I can check the calorie counts of all the drinks to make a better pick next time :)
  • mbeuchert24
    mbeuchert24 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Skinny Cinnamon Dolce Latte or a skinny raspberry chai tea latte.

I love the skinny cinnamon dolce latte! That is my favorite right now! I can't wait for my Starbucks gift card to get here ;).

I have not plugged one in to MFP so I have no clue how many calories it is.
  • Raina0512
    Raina0512 Posts: 216
    Options
    Venti Skinny Caramel Latte - No Whip - 2 Equals - 2 Extra Espresso Shots: 170 Calories! :)
  • Barneystinson
    Barneystinson Posts: 1,357 Member
    Options
    I like getting JUST coffee at Starbucks. Am I the only one out there unenthused with all their sugary, frilly drinks?