is it possible to notice a 4 pound weight loss?

Options
Hello everyone!
I (re)started dieting a couple of weeks ago, and I have lost right around four pounds. This weekend someone told me it looks like I have lost weight. This was very exciting for me! But then I started thinking and wondered if it was just coincidental, because four pounds seems like such a little amount to lose. Do you think a four pound loss is noticable? I am 5'5" and weigh 158.

Thanks for your thoughts! I appreciate them!

Also, she told me if I lost a total of 20 pounds I would be "skinny". I feel like I should lose around 30 to 35 pounds. How did you decide what your goal weight was?

Thanks!

Replies

• neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,018 Member
    Options
    Probably not. Personally I fluctuate that and more daily and can never feel any difference. Again, personally I've never looked at a particular weight as a goal because I know that muscle mass makes a big difference in how I look in the mirror. My Daughter for example is about 5ft 7 and weights about 150lbs and is 27yrs old and looks a little overweight. When she was in Uni on a soccer scholarship she weighed 5 lbs more and looked lean and muscular. Decide how you want to look, then decide how to get there.....maybe skinny fat is acceptable, maybe it's not.