Exercises w/out wearing shoes or ....

Options
Hi there,

I broke a toe yesterday...Luckily not one of my big toes but its very painful to wear shoes or put a lot of weight on my right foot...Are there any exercises I can do w/out wearing shoes or putting a lot of weight on my foot? I'm probably going to get it xrayed tomorrow to see if its fracture and where exactly it is but I dont want to not exercise at all..

I was thinking maybe yoga but if there is anything else that would be great:)

TIA

Replies

• shae123
    shae123 Posts: 26
    Options
    If you are some where you can swim that night work...
  • MsElphaba
    MsElphaba Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I exercise without shoes when I workout with my Wii Fit Plus.
  • terraskye
    terraskye Posts: 370 Member
    Options

Awww that would be great however I don't know how to swim which is embarrassing and sad because our bldg has a pool too...Grrr...now wish I could swim
  • suzyanne
    suzyanne Posts: 50
    Options
    swimming would be fantastic! Also, bike riding would probably be ok. Good luck!
  • EKarma
    EKarma Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    learn how to swim! Get creative with it.. This is your opprotunity to do it! What? You're going to be embarrassed for exercising! lol! People should be embarrased not to exercise!
  • ❤B☩❤
    ❤B☩❤ Posts: 634
    Options
    [/quote]...now wish I could swim
    [/quote]

How about just getting in the pool at the shallow end and walking around. There is resistance in water and that is better (and more soothing) than not doing any workout. Feel better!
  • ashlee954
    ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    I always exercise without shoes. LOL. Actually, I do most things without shoes. Except work of course. I don't think they'd allow me in the hospital without shoes. Gross! Good luck! Hope your foot feels better soon.
  • suzyanne
    suzyanne Posts: 50
    Options
    If you don't swim, that's no big deal. Even just being in water about chest high and then running or doing jumpin jacks, or skiing motions...these are great exercise with very little weight but the water makes good resistance.
  • terraskye
    Options
    learn how to swim! Get creative with it.. This is your opprotunity to do it! What? You're going to be embarrassed for exercising! lol! People should be embarrased not to exercise!

oh I'm not embarrassed to exercise just that i can't swim...I'd need to take lessons which is not an option right now but thanks because I think I may take lessons in the Fall or when I'm working again
  • terraskye
    Options
    If you don't swim, that's no big deal. Even just being in water about chest high and then running or doing jumpin jacks, or skiing motions...these are great exercise with very little weight but the water makes good resistance.

Thanks for the ideas!!!:)
  • nicolepope11
    Options
    Check into the local gyms or YMCAs. They usually have a class that teaches swimming. You should definitely know how to swim! I can swim, but am not a strong swimmer. I have even been thinking of finding a class for myself!
  • HOSED49
    HOSED49 Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    You can do flutter kicks in the water to work your abs, just hold onto the side of the pool or lean against the steps and kcik your legs for as long as you can. No swimming involved but it helps to tone your abs. Even standing in the water and doing arm circles will get your shoulders burning from the water resistance. Out of water it sounds like you can try yoga if the pressure doesnt affect your toe, if you have dumbells yo ucan do upper body exercises while seated....just a few suggestions
  • Serenifly
    Serenifly Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    [oops just read everyone elses' responses]

You know, i've been exersising for a long time. Gruelling exersising. I just did Yoga for my firrst time ever last weekend (Jillians DVD) And Oh ... Ma God! I was so sore! I couldn't believe it! ...

I wiill for sure be trying to do Yoga at least once a week ... I think it will be really beneficial to me ...I highly recommend her yoga DVD got it for 8 $ at walmart!
  • vanessa_wilson
    Options
    You can do flutter kicks in the water to work your abs, just hold onto the side of the pool or lean against the steps and kcik your legs for as long as you can. No swimming involved but it helps to tone your abs. Even standing in the water and doing arm circles will get your shoulders burning from the water resistance. Out of water it sounds like you can try yoga if the pressure doesnt affect your toe, if you have dumbells yo ucan do upper body exercises while seated....just a few suggestions

I'm new to this site. And I cant help but say I like this Idea! Why didn't I think of this. I don't like exercise but I do like being in the water. If doing flutter kicks in the water can work on my abs then this is the first thing I will do. This site keeps getting better.
  • Dubie
    Dubie Posts: 2
    Options
    Swimming?? if possible?
  • 2daughtermom
    Options

Awww that would be great however I don't know how to swim which is embarrassing and sad because our bldg has a pool too...Grrr...now wish I could swim
    You don't have to know how to swim to get in the pool. I can't swim, I have one of those noodles. As a matter of fact I used it yesterday and burned over 500 calories just going from one side of the pool to the other. I'm sure you'll love it.