Paleo 'diet' lifestyle. Has anyone tried this?

Options
Hello (:
Has anyone tried going Paleo? Im very much considering it not as a diet, but as a whole lifestyle change.
I'd like to know the Pros/Cons, any difficulties, increased/ decreased energy, health problems it may have caused, and if there was weight loss- how much in how much of a time span?
Thanks loads x

Replies

• thatjengirl
    Options
    I just started "tying" to do it - I got some recipes from Pinterest. Where I've found - the ingredients are EXPENSIVE. That's all I've encountered so far - but more energy for sure!
  • Shellybabe0001
    Shellybabe0001 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thank you :) x
  • Janelle_marie777
    Options
    I am doing the Paleo Lifestyle and have had some good results! I haven't found it to be too difficult! If you need some support, feel free to friend me! :)
  • Janelle_marie777
    Options
    I have lost about 16 lbs in 4 months with exercise! I have had MUCH more Energy, and have been able to give up my morning coffee! I don't feel like it is very much more expensive, as long as you spend time preparing your meals, instead of buying the already made stuff- like gluten free products!
  • tonynguyen75
    tonynguyen75 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I've dabbled in doing Paleo, all organic stuff. It's expensive and is limiting. If you think you can stay with it for the long haul, go for it. However, I didn't find it any more favorable than straight up calorie restriction. And the science doesn't support its claims.
  • kirkor
    kirkor Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    Can't find much argument against limiting processed foods. Eat more vegetables and protein, eat less pasta and tv dinners.
  • MermaidTX
    MermaidTX Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Hello (:
    Has anyone tried going Paleo? Im very much considering it not as a diet, but as a whole lifestyle change.
    I'd like to know the Pros/Cons, any difficulties, increased/ decreased energy, health problems it may have caused, and if there was weight loss- how much in how much of a time span?
    Thanks loads x

There's a Primal/Paleo group forum that you may find helpful:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/54-primal-paleo-support-group