calorie intake

Options
Ok...so I have lost 4lbs while doing this since July 13th. I changed my settings from 175lbs to 171lbs...now it is saying that my goal calorie intake has gone down by a few calories a day. Is this alright that I changed my calorie intake goal, or should I switch it back. each time I lose a few pounds should I go back and change up my settings? What do you do?

Replies

• Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Options
    Whenever you enter your new weight, MFP automatically recalculates your calorie intake based on the new information, as it should. It is a bummer as your calorie intake shrinks, but MFP will never let it drop below 1200 calories per day. If you find that the calories "prescribed" are just not enough for you, then you can manually increase them as needed as well as adjust the percentages of your carbs, protein, and fat.
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    Yes the less you weigh the less calories your body needs to function so that is why it went down. A few pounds doesn't make a huge difference but I would say to update your goals after around every 10 lbs.
  • katlou2
    katlou2 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    AFter every 10 pounds MFP will ask you if you want to readjust your calories. I can't remember exactly what it says but it asks you. You don't have to manually change it if you don't want to whenever you lose weight. Does that make sense?