Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

How can I combat hunger without ruining any progress?

Replies

• moss11
    moss11 Posts: 236 Member
    Big glass of water. Get occupied with something. If that doesn't suffice combine good old fat and protein, enjoy!
  • Spiderkeys
    Spiderkeys Posts: 338 Member
    I combat my hunger pains from green tea throughout the day, also never skip breakfast.
  • Water, Black coffee, or green tea :)
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,474 Member
    booze works
  • Joehenny
    Joehenny Posts: 1,222 Member
    Calorie free options: Water, diet soda, gum,

Extremely low calorie: leafy green Vegetables, sugar free jello, sugar free instant pudding

Low cal: Lean protein, fruits, fiber snacks <- Most satiating imo
  • jackielou867
    jackielou867 Posts: 422 Member
    If you are hungry eat the veg and protein. Avoid sugary and starchy snacks like the plague. They hide your hunger for a half hour, but spike your blood sugar and the hunger comes back. Eat small meals every 3 hours, you won't get chance to get proper hungry.
    I used to be such a big eater, always hungry no matter his much junk I shovelled in. Now I eat heaps of healthy stuff, hardly any junk, and I hardly ever feel hungry. In fact sometimes I look at the clock and I'm an hour past my mealtime and still not hungry. It will get better :-)
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Protein. And fat. Lean protein, for my money, is the most satiating calorie for calorie.

^^^^ this - eat lean protein with every meal - closest thing you get to magic....

absolutely...fat + protein is sheer magic.
  • red0801
    red0801 Posts: 283 Member
    LOTS of vegetables & UNPROCESSED fiber.
  • jackiecamarena
    jackiecamarena Posts: 290 Member
    Whenever I am really hungry, but don't have room in my calories, I usually take a quick run and then eat what I want.
  • Patovader
    Patovader Posts: 439 Member
    Apologies if this has been covered but I don't have time to read the other posts, eat more fibre dense foods as they fill you up for longer.

If you want to test this out try this little experiment, eat a sugary cereal bar for an in-between meals snack one day, there are lots on the market that are around 100 calories and see how long that satisfies you for. The next day at the same time try eating 2 apples which also equate to circa 100 calories, I bet you don't feel hungry for a lot longer and will probably manage until your next full meal before you start getting hungry again :)

Drink lots of water, most people walk around dehydrated and your brain can't differentiate between feeling hungry and thirsty, the majority of the time we are thirsty. I don’t really want to go into too much detail here but the simple way to tell if you are dehydrated is to check the colour of your urine, clear is good and yellow is bad.

Good luck :)
  • Quieau
    Quieau Posts: 428 Member
    My go-to's are: boiled or grilled shrimp or lean chicken breast, wrapped in a tortilla with veggies if you're starving ... a serving of ultra-thin pretzels (70 sticks per serving) with a tablespoon of almond butter to dip (filling, takes a long time to eat, not much in the way of calories), a fruit and low-fat yogurt smoothie, a chopped apple tossed in lowfat yogurt and sprinkled with walnuts ... pickles wrapped in a slice of ham and/or cheese (watch the sodium, tho) ...
  • steve2kay
    steve2kay Posts: 194 Member
    booze works
    so does cake, but that's hardly in the spirit of things :)
  • monbot
    monbot Posts: 97 Member
    I'm a late at night muncher. I like black tea with a splash of milk and a 100 cal protein bar. Very filling when sipped and nibbled slowly!
  • paulperryman
    paulperryman Posts: 839 Member
    water, tea, nuts, protein. Water fills you up with no calories whatsoever til it goes through then you feel hungry again, tea almost same deal, Protein is filling. Nuts are calorie dense they fill you up fast

Also have shakes handy, protein shakes fill you up and you are getting in your water intake aswell so a double bonus.
    lastly Fruit especially banana's.
  • chani8
    chani8 Posts: 946 Member
    Things that helped me:
    -going low carb, high fat
    -counting calories carefully so that I really am getting enough
    -telling myself that it's ok to be hungry, it wont kill me

The one that worked the best:
    -telling myself that my stomach is lying, because I have proof in my diary that I ate lots of calories!!
  • Things that helped me:
    -going low carb, high fat
    -counting calories carefully so that I really am getting enough
    -telling myself that it's ok to be hungry, it wont kill me

The one that worked the best:
    -telling myself that my stomach is lying, because I have proof in my diary that I ate lots of calories!!

One thing I do is say to myself "your hungry now but if you eat now you wont enjoy this lush lunch / dinner that you have planned for an hours time"
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    I'm hungry!!!!! Help!

Always have water around.
    Have some baby carrot sticks around.
    if you feel hungry....find something to occupy your time for about 5 - 10 min....that usually helps mine subside.
    Over time (maybe 7 - 10 days), it will not be as bad....you are retraining your mind, to not give in all the time when your body calls.
  • TamaraKat
    TamaraKat Posts: 533 Member
    ^^ Like so many have said previously; bank on the protein!
  • I trust one thing and one thing alone: WATER

Just drink loads of it and it'll keep you for an hour or two!

TOTES AGREE!!!!! I find that sometimes I am not even hungry but thirsty! So, try to give yourself a schedule and drink water between and see how that works. Even without a schedule, try to limit your snacks and when you think you are hungry, if you just ate, drink water.

GOOD LUCK!!
  • xWendyJonesx
    xWendyJonesx Posts: 266 Member
    Ive recently changed my marcos, reducing my carbs and increasing my protein, Ive found this has really helped, also drinking loads and loads of water.

Good luck.
This discussion has been closed.