Protein From Milk Not Added

Options
I noticed this morning when I added milk to my diary that the protein wasn't counted. Can I do anything about this?

Replies

• GingerLolita
    GingerLolita Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Sometimes the nutrition facts on here can be wrong. If you're up for a little research, I believe you can edit and correct them or enter your own. However, the correct facts might be listed as well - just look at all the milk options.
  • MexicanOsmosis
    MexicanOsmosis Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Try typing in the brand as well, sometimes that helps.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    I dont' enter milk by brand. I use the default database entry (the one without the asterisk)
  • arabianhorselover
    arabianhorselover Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    I believe I do have the brand in there..........
  • MarioLozano16
    MarioLozano16 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    You can put the protein in manually. Just search "Grams protein" when you go to add a food to your diary
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    A lot of the entries are put in by users and are not complete. You have to create your own if nothing matches your item exactly.
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    if you click on 'nutritional info' then click (is this accurate?)' no' - and edit the info. or you can create your own entry in 'my foods'
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    You can put the protein in manually. Just search "Grams protein" when you go to add a food to your diary

Good to know! Thanks!
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I noticed this morning when I added milk to my diary that the protein wasn't counted. Can I do anything about this?

Go to http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/calorie-chart-nutrition-facts

The ones without an asterisk * are provided by the site rather than users. Generic - and Milk - 2% fat etc all seemed to have protein in.
  • arabianhorselover
    Options
    yarwell wrote: »

The ones without an asterisk * are provided by the site rather than users. Generic - and Milk - 2% fat etc all seemed to have protein in.

Reviving an old thread, here. When I click on the ones without an asterisk they say they are entered by a User.

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Try a different entry. Ideally, one without the asterisk.
  • CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    Options

Reviving an old thread, here. When I click on the ones without an asterisk they say they are entered by a User.
    In my observations, I have seen some changes to the non-asterisked entries in the two years since the original posts in this thread. Although the non-asterisked entries are still there and are entered and edited by MFP, they do now indicate on the Web version that the entries are "member submitted." On the Web version, if you click No on "Is this data accurate?" you will not see an "Edit" button, which indicates that it is maintained by MFP. Some of the non-asterisked entries have been unstable for about 10 months now, and a few of them repeatedly disappear.
  • ketorach
    ketorach Posts: 430 Member
    Options

It's the opposite. The asterisk entries are user-submitted.

• arabianhorselover
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    Try a different entry. Ideally, one without the asterisk.

That's what I meant. The ones without as asterisk.

• blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options
    Find an entry that is correct, or correct the one you are using.