TOM & weigh in

Options
It has been my TOM since Sunday. I usually do my weigh ins on Fridays. Should I hold off til next Friday to do a weigh in? I read on here one time that you shouldnt do it while on TOM or right after, just wanted to confirm........thanks and sorry if TMI :)

Replies

• ladybug1620
    ladybug1620 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    I still weigh in weekly even if on it. I just don't let it get me down too much if the number is higher than I want it to be.
  • ashlee954
    ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    I usually wait. It is so easy to become disappointed and TOM water weight adds 5 lbs to me!
  • sweetn3ss
    sweetn3ss Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I still weigh in weekly even if on it. I just don't let it get me down too much if the number is higher than I want it to be.

I do this as well! I like being consistent. I just keep in mind that TOM will give me about 7 lbs while he is here.
  • samiko
    samiko Posts: 34
    Options
    I always feel like I weigh more right before it than I do on or after..infact I actually look forward to when it finally starts because I usually lose a lb. or 2. You may be presently suprised :)
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    I always feel like I weigh more right before it than I do on or after..infact I actually look forward to when it finally starts because I usually lose a lb. or 2. You may be presently suprised :)

I'm the SAME way! I will be up a couple of pounds and the morning it comes I'm suddenly down. I still weigh in but I don't beat myself up if I'm up a few pounds, only because I know the reason.
  • TaraArriola
    Options
    I actually had this issue this week. Wednesday is my weigh in day and I went ahead and weighed in and was surprised that I did not gain (I didn't lose either). I was so proud of myself. You might be surprised at the results when you weigh.
  • Jamiebee24
    Jamiebee24 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    IF anything, just skip your weigh in for the week. Don't wait an extra day or anything. I never skip a weigh in, and if I am up a pound, or only down half, I take note that it was TOM. With that being said, I know when my gift's coming and prepare for him by drinking lots and lots of water---trying to control my cravings and exercising like a mad woman!
  • Crysta1976
    Crysta1976 Posts: 184 Member
    Options

Same here...for the 2 weeks before, I am fat and miserable! But, once it finally starts, I usually go down 2 or 3 lbs. It's a little disappointing when it usually comes back up 1 right after, though.

I think it's good to be aware of how your body reacts to TOM.
  • flems629
    flems629 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies, Ill go ahead and weigh in and make note that it TOM and hope I didnt gain :S
  • laurenpence
    laurenpence Posts: 147
    Options
    You can still weigh in but dont take what the scale says to heart. I still look to see what I am weighing but if you are the type of person that might get discouraged by a higher number than I suggest you wait.
  • suckitup
    suckitup Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I would weigh in also. I'm all over the map, so I don't get too excited or down during that time. Some months I drop right b/f and then go back, and others is the opposite. Good luck!
  • mrsw510
    mrsw510 Posts: 169
    Options
    Its different for everyone. The week before TOM (not realizing it was) I weighed in and was up 3 lbs, I had had a bad week eating and exercising so I assumed it was that. The week off time I stepped on the scale and not only were those 3 lbs gone but an additional one too. I would still weigh in for consistancy sake but don't be too hard on youself if it shows a couple extra pounds.
  • dopegirl422
    Options
    It's funny this week I was doing an experiment Right before TOM I was at my lowest and I couldn't even believe the scale (a number I never seen, I didn't log it in because It wasn't my usual weigh in) Mid week I was up 5 Pounds from that (during TOM) and today right after TOM has left I am down .6.... Drink a lot of water!!! And I say get on the scale to see the reaction to TOM on your body ;)

Happy Weigh in lol
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    It depends on your body. I watched it every week just to check. I would usually be up several pounds right before my TOM and lose it plus another pound or two about 3 days into it. Everyone retains water differently.