What lifting has done for my old legs !

Options
I was loving my arms and back after starting lifting weights since June and now I am seeing results in my legs . They have not been this shape for many years. Just wanted to share and re-motivate myself to get going again after a 2 week holiday
Stats
age 63
5' 1"
116 lbs

Please excuse the knobbly knees !

Get lifting fellow grannies !!!

P1000568_zps94b359fa.jpg

P1000581_zps0345af65.jpg

Replies

• Jess830409
    Jess830409 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    NICE JOB!!!

Your legs are killer :-)
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    It really is the fountain of youth.
  • whitlisd
    Options
    I am not worthy!! If I look that good at 63 I will be out flaunting it! Good for you, keep it up and you'll be taking these shots for the next 30 years!
  • witrixie2011
    Options
    Inspirational!! :flowerforyou:
  • 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    Holy Cow! You look amazing! Congratualtions!
  • PTMama0614
    PTMama0614 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    You look amazing and It's hard to believe you are 63! You are my inspiration to continue working out and lifting cause I want to look like you when I'm 63! :smile:
  • Songbirdcw
    Songbirdcw Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Wow! I truly hope to look that good at 63. You look so lean and have grean muscle tone. Great job!
  • sydneyplainjane
    sydneyplainjane Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Holy cow! You look like you have dancer's legs!
  • tonynguyen75
    tonynguyen75 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I don't get it, if you lifted, how come your legs aren't super bulky like Ahrnold?
  • strongmindstrongbody
    Options
    Best legs ever! Mind sharing your training routine and diet? :flowerforyou:
  • james6998
    james6998 Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Wow sexy, totally amazing work
  • helenjon752
    helenjon752 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I don't get it, if you lifted, how come your legs aren't super bulky like Ahrnold?

I dont think you will get bulky unless you eat over your maintenance level and I don't do that and I lift weights that are heavy for me but would probably not be that heavy for a younger or larger person.
  • RunningForeverMama
    Options
    Very nice! Great job! :smile:
  • MsP90X
    MsP90X Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    Damn lady, you are rocking it at 61 or any age!
  • sun_fish
    sun_fish Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    All I have to say is keep posting your amazing results! You continue to inspire this 5'1" grandma to keep lifting.
  • stealthSLOTH
    stealthSLOTH Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    Super inspirational!

I am almost your height and would love to get to where you are now - you look amazing!

Do you mind my asking - do you know your BF% ???
  • helenjon752
    helenjon752 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Best legs ever! Mind sharing your training routine and diet? :flowerforyou:

I do a variation of Stronglifts 5 x 5 and I lift for an average of 30 minutes 3 or 4 times a week with plenty of rests between lifts.
    I do 45 mins of Zumba 3 times a week too.

I eat a varied diet [and too much cake] and I try to have a long break between my last meal and first meal of the day

I eat a lot of porridge with greek yoghurt and a lot of fresh berries . I eat this for my first meal of the day every day.
  • lafilleavectoi
    lafilleavectoi Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    You're awesome!
  • peachfigs
    peachfigs Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness, your legs look fantastic. They are in better shape than mine and I'm 22!!!!!

All the more reason to lift!! Congrats!

ETA: And it's not just your legs... look at the rest of you! Wow :flowerforyou:
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    Fantastic - you look amazing - I never would have guessed your age, as you look much much younger! Fabulous legs - your hard work shows!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!