Combing Zumba and 30 Day Shred

Options
I begin doing Zumba almost 4 weeks ago. Recently I've increase my stamina to be able to do almost 45-50 minutes of Zumba straight. I have also recently added Jillian Micheal's 30DS to increase my strength training. I have also completely removed processed sugar and caffeine from my diet too. I am also aiming to keep my calories between 1550-1600/day with on average I am burning between 800-1000 calories/day. I have made a lot of changes quickly and am just praying I'll be able to keep up with all of these changes for longer than a few weeks.

Replies

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    30 Day Shred does have some strength training ... but it's technically circuit training which combines (more cardio) plus strength training. Maybe straight up strength training would be a better fit?

So you want to eat 1600 and burn 800? ..... this leaves you with 800 NET calories. You might want to look up your BMR - basal metabolic rate ..... calories needed if you were in a coma. 800 net calories would be really hard on your organs.

http://www.fitnessfrog.com/calculators/bmr-calculator.html

Healthy weight loss is more moderate .... healthy weight loss will have you losing fat will maintaining muscle mass. Too fast weight loss will have you burning muscle.