Scale Victory and NSV at the same time.

Options
I have officially lost over 30 lbs since May 1st. This is a big deal for me. At 194.4, I am now the lowest weight I have been in 13 years, since leaving the Army.

I will probably never see 157 again, which is what I weighed when I joined the Army, due to the physical changes my body went through during basic training, Airborne School, and parenthood. I'm okay with this. :happy:

I'm in the process of converting my dietary needs to the IIFYM standards, and I'm considering the paleo lifestyle, as it actually reflects what I think my body needs. I work out at the gym regularly, and I'm going to cut back on my cardio. Not knocking cardio at all! It helped me get the initial weight down, but now, it's time to get serious.

I'm going to be focusing more on the muscle and strength training, the dietary structure that helps build lean body mass, and really re-building this machine. Next summer, I'll be able to participate in those things others do with confidence, like swimming in public, going out to a night club and dancing, and speaking publicly, without worrying about my physical appearance.

In short, the scale is one victory, my mental attitude is the NSV. :glasses:

Thanks for reading!

- Russ

Replies

• spatulathumbs
    spatulathumbs Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    30 lbs is absolutely nothing to sneeze at! Well done. I think you'll like going Paleo, I know I have a ton more energy when I eat Paleo, even though I don't get to lift as frequently as I like.
  • russbittles
    Options
    I have several friends who are into it. A couple, because of gluten intolerance, but a couple of them are athletes, and they swear by it.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are kicking *kitten*.
  • russbittles
    Options
    Aww, thank you!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!