Newbie - almost two weeks in 5:2 diet

Options
hi all - I'm nearly two weeks in my fast diet (ahem - way of life) combining 3 days a week fasting (500cals) combined with eating approximately 1600cals 2 days (based on my TDEE) and then enjoying food to the max (without going too much overboard) on a weekend.
So far I've lost 10lb and feel brilliant. My appetite has reduced, my skin is lovely and I have lots more energy, I'm also not fixated on food at all.
My goal was to lose 28 lbs by March next year however that may be brought forward if all goes as well as it is. I don't want to lose too much to quickly therefore intend to drop fast days to two and then one per week as I get closer to my goal.
I also hope to join a gym in the next couple of weeks.
I am determined to get back to being 'myself'. Since I started a Science Degree (for fun) I became a coffee and biscuit-a-holic whilst working on assignments, and cancelled my gym membership (due to lack of spare time) going from a toned 8 stone 10lbs to a wobbly 10 st 13lbs in 18 months!
My biggest grumble is people telling me I don't need to lose weight, or have a piece of cake...blah blah. Would love to hear from like minded people who understand how I'm feeling about myself.
Kelly