Dr Poons metabolic diet.

Options

Replies

• PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

Trust me - do Poon for two weeks, no cheating and after day 2 you will feel like million bucks.

Its hard, but its worked for me when nothing else has.

Hear it guys? do Poon for 2 weeks with no cheating and you'll feel like a million bucks! Your woman will thank you!

If it isn't with your woman, isn't doing Poon for 2 weeks cheating still?
  • coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    Entered for "poon"... left disappointed.
  • SkinnyFatAlbert
    SkinnyFatAlbert Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Entered for "poon"... left disappointed.

That's what she said.
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    Okay, so I went to their site: "Dr Poon's low-carb, low-sodium, low-fat lifestyle diet is about what to eat rather than how much to eat. Your weight loss will be supervised by a physician each and every visit." And looking a bit further he has an everything-but-the-kitchen-sink supplement to sell you. Hold on to your wallets!

Low carb, low sodium, low fat. Nothing new here. You don't need to spend money on it. The tweaking they talk about for individuals is probably minor and has very little science behind it. The supplement ingredients are nothing unusual and likewise have no magic powers. He says you get to eat as much as you want to sate your hunger. If so, it's probably vegetables.

If you have money to burn or have the need for structure, go ahead, or you can look at the information on http://www.hsph.harvard.edu/nutritionsource/ and get good advice for free. Whether low-carb works for you is only determined by trying it. There are plenty of low-carb folks on MFP to help with that. Low-fat is debatable at present as the relationships between dietary cholesterol and serum cholesterol are being found to be more complicated than was thought. If you feel the need for supplementation, buy a generic multi-vitamin at the grocery store.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I don't know. There's something fishy about Dr. Poon. I can't quite put my finger on it, though.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Dr. Poon is awesome! I love it, eat it everyday if I could...

How you doin? :bigsmile:
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options

No Carbs (obviously not zero - but extremely limited - no breads/pasta/rice etc. - its a keto diet
    No Dairy (again, not a forever diet, but gets things moving)
    No Sugar - no fruit, no coloured veggies - only green ones.

No Carbs?
    No Dairy?
    No Sugar?

NO THX!!!
  • SnicciFit
    SnicciFit Posts: 967 Member
    Options
    from the website:

"Dr Poon's low-carb, low-sodium, low-fat lifestyle diet is about what to eat rather than how much to eat."

Low-carb & low fat? What do you eat for fuel then?
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    is Tang allowed?

tang.jpg
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    yes. I do and it does work. It requires focus and commitment, but it does work. its not a forever kind of thing, but it gets you going in the right direction and thinking about your food. its good for those of us who struggle to lose every single pound, (like me).
    Basically it comes down to to this.
    No Carbs (obviously not zero - but extremely limited - no breads/pasta/rice etc. - its a keto diet

Trust me - do Poon for two weeks, no cheating and after day 2 you will feel like million bucks.

Sounds miserable. I prefer the "forever kind of thing" approach.
    Ditto on the miserable. And why is green not a coloured vegetable?
  • SnicciFit
    Options
    from the website:

"Dr Poon's low-carb, low-sodium, low-fat lifestyle diet is about what to eat rather than how much to eat."

Lean protein

My understanding is that fat and/or carbs can be burned for energy, but protein is used for rebuilding/repair. So, low-fat & low-carb at the same time seems like a recipe for exhaustion/burnout.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    from the website:

Lean protein

My understanding is that fat and/or carbs can be burned for energy, but protein is used for rebuilding/repair. So, low-fat & low-carb at the same time seems like a recipe for exhaustion/burnout.

Protein can be converted to energy. Just inefficient.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    from the website:

Lean protein

This is the principles of the Atkin's diet. The body can make adjustments and will use things like stored glycogen, but you are right, eventually this type of diet can have harmful effects on the liver.
  • SnicciFit
    Options
    from the website:

Lean protein

Protein can be converted to energy. Just inefficient.

I'm all about efficiency :happy:
  • seabee78
    seabee78 Posts: 126 Member
    Options

Basically it comes down to to this.

So, what do you do after the two weeks?
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    I tried Dr Poon and switched to Dr Tang when I wasn't getting results.
    The Poon>Tang transition was a bit hard to get through but once in it loosened up nicely.

Winner! :drinker: