food.....

craighamilton219
craighamilton219 Posts: 19
edited September 18 in Introduce Yourself
You know, if food didn't taste so darn good I believe I could do without it most of the time. lol Maybe if here was a diet pill that made everything taste like shoe-leather we'd all be skinny. lol OK, just a thought........Just remember, if any of you make millions on the concept, cut me in for a piece since it was my idea. Good luck everyone.............This is the only us we have....

Replies

• You know, if food didn't taste so darn good I believe I could do without it most of the time. lol Maybe if here was a diet pill that made everything taste like shoe-leather we'd all be skinny. lol OK, just a thought........Just remember, if any of you make millions on the concept, cut me in for a piece since it was my idea. Good luck everyone.............This is the only us we have....
  • natashav
    natashav Posts: 108 Member
    :laugh:
  • elliott062907
    elliott062907 Posts: 1,508 Member
    ya know what's funny? when i was growing up, i didn't really think about fat people or people with food allergies, it just wasn't a concern. There was farms and home grown and natural foods already... I am so anti government due to several things, but it seems as though they take a healthy natural food and just mess it up by processing it and adding preservatives, that now, we have to pay more for items that should cost so much less for being natural.

I guess I'm saying, there are so many more health issues with obesity now and it all trickels down from there.
  • ya know what's funny? when i was growing up, i didn't really think about fat people or people with food allergies, it just wasn't a concern. There was farms and home grown and natural foods already... I am so anti government due to several things, but it seems as though they take a healthy natural food and just mess it up by processing it and adding preservatives, that now, we have to pay more for items that should cost so much less for being natural.

I guess I'm saying, there are so many more health issues with obesity now and it all trickels down from there.

I totally agree. It really makes sense that one of the reasons we are obese is that just about everything we eat in the meat line has been fed growth hormones from birth to make it grow bigger at a faster pace so it can get to the market faster and at a higher price. Same goes with lots of our vegetables and fruit. Chemicals to make it grow. Chemicals to keep the bugs off. Chemicals to make it stay fresh at market. Chemicals to make it look fresh when frozen and last longer. Chemicals, chemicals, growth hormones, chemicals, and then for desert, more chemicals. It's no wonder everyone is dying of cancer, alzheimers, heart trouble, diabetes, and other health problems. That's the price we pay for living in the richest country in the world. Depressing isn't it?
This discussion has been closed.