My one year anniversary!!! I've lost 114 lbs!

Options
Today is a special day for me. It marks my one year anniversary of my weight loss journey. Exactly a year ago was the day I had hit my rock bottom and went to my Aunt T with tears in my eyes and told her I couldn't live not one more day being morbidly obese, weighing 281 lbs. I made a promise to myself that day, that I... would do WHATEVER it takes and not make any excuses to lose the weight once and for all and love myself enough to choose ME...to say HELL YES I deserve to be happy and LIVE instead of exist! This past year has had it's ups and downs, I have lost some relationships but gained even stronger ones. My entire life has changed for the better just because I made that first step ANYTHING is possible when you want something bad enough! I'm so grateful for all the amazing support I've gotten! From the work out buddies I've had along the way cheering me on, to the smoked meats my dad makes to get me through the week, and to all the people out there who have kept me motivated and encouraged me! And I'm also grateful for my amazing Aunt T who has been there every step of the way and she's taught me the greatest thing of all, how to love myself. I've lost 114 lbs with 17 lbs left to go!!! I'm going to finish strong!!!!!!

Replies

• KAREN3942
    Options
    Congratulations!!! BRAVO!!! It takes commitment to accomplish what goals you are achieving, you should be so proud of yourself!!!
  • yusineddy
    yusineddy Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    You look amazing, what a great job you have done, congratulations!!!
  • bceltic
    bceltic Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Wow, your before and after pictures are amazing. Congrats and thanks for sharing!!!!!!!
  • rubyperfecto
    rubyperfecto Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    That is so awesome! Thank you for sharing your story!
    I started my own journey this week...I am in day five, and was looking for inspiration - you ARE an inspiration to me and others!
    I want to lose 50 lbs in a year. You show me that I can do it!!!
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    Congrats on a job well done!!!!! You look amazing!!!!!!
  • juicyfruitkk
    juicyfruitkk Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    AWESOME! That's a lot of hard work & dedication!
  • meggyshae
    meggyshae Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much everyone!!!!
  • inkydnk3
    inkydnk3 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    You look absolutely amazing, happy and healthy! Congrats on your success! You've earned it!
  • queenbee77
    queenbee77 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Awesome transformation and testimony. :smile:
  • umka6
    umka6 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Good for you!! You look great! (but you sound even better!)
  • desiv2
    desiv2 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • nomorepizza2
    nomorepizza2 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    you look amazing! Well done!
  • mikemsu
    mikemsu Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    FANTASTIC!!! Congratulations on your success so far.
  • KombuchaCat
    KombuchaCat Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Yay! You look great!:drinker:
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    FAB!,
  • ImprovingEla
    ImprovingEla Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    you look smocking hot, if I may say so!!! (And no I am not into women *lol*)

But wow, you made a hell of a change in yourself on the outside! I can only imagine what kind of "weight" you had to shift on the inside!
  • Sarahndipity30
    Sarahndipity30 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    amazing!! congrats you are gorgeous! I started my 1 year journey on Sept 7th. 125 lbs to go. Reading your story really gives me the drive and focus to never give up. thank you for sharing your success!! :)
  • missymakayla
    missymakayla Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    You look amazing, good for you....:happy: :happy: :happy: :happy:
  • phyl303
    phyl303 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Thanks for posting this. Great job!
  • PurplePolkaDot84
    PurplePolkaDot84 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    This is so inspirational to me. You've done exactly what I want to do this yr! I love you explained the shift mentally it takes to succeed! I am dealing with those demons right now and working on the shift!! Congrats
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!