Building muscle for women. Suggestions?

Options
2»

Replies

• Portugueselove
    Portugueselove Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    TRX all the way!! :-) Try it...you will be hooked!

hmm never heard of TRX
  • Portugueselove
    Options
    Congrats on your AMAAAAAZING commitment and weight loss!! I like training in a bodypart split (1-2 bodyparts per workout)....i.e. Back on one day, Chest/triceps the next day, Legs the next day, etc.... but the idea is so unpopular here on MFP that I hesitate to even bring it up...however...FTW because it worked for me. :smokin: If you're interested in this type of training, you can PM me...

All different types of lifting have merits though, so good luck with whatever you choose :)

Thank you so much. I just looked at your photos and WOW. What you are doing is surely working for you.

I guess I should have mentioned initially that I got a messed up back. But hopefully with weight training it will get better (somehow). I have scoliosis and I have mild arthritis on my lower back, my upper back up to the back of my neck. I live daily with back pain, and I must admit that I do get a lot of back pain after lifting. I haven't told my physical therapist because when I saw her last time, she didn't even want me to go to my Zumba classes. *sigh*. I won't let my stupid back stop me though.
  • PLoveElliott
    PLoveElliott Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    TRX is a suspension training and it good...but it sounds like you are looking for a good solid weight training program. I just started reading the New Rules of Lifting for Woman b/c I wanted to add in weight training and to reshape things. I would follow a program like that and make sure that your diet is dialed in.
  • StrictlyPro
    Options
    is there any supplement that can help me build muscle faster that is not illegal?

short answer: no

longer answer: If you had every other aspect absolutely perfect, there might be a suppliment or 2 that would enable you to gain an additional ounce per year or so. (yes i typed what i meant)

Bonus: even illegal substances don't enable you to gain muscle a lot faster unless you use A LOT of them, and if you stop, you will eventually lose all of the gains anyway. Cruise and blast or stay natty if you're a man. Stay natty if you're a woman.
  • Portugueselove
    Options
    So I started eating clean and started lifting and I have seen an improvement in my body. Thank you all that replied to me on here. :)
  • missyjane824
    missyjane824 Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    time... give it time.
  • Nissi51
    Nissi51 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    There are no secret supplements or shortcuts to building lean tissue. Consistent, progressive lifting over a long period of time with appropriate nutrition! Dig in, work hard and then practice lots of patience

All the best as you build