Alli?

Options
Is anyone using this or have you used it? What were the results? Do you think it helped you or no? Also did you have any bad side effects? I read some reviews online about and a couple said something about liver (I think?) failure or something along those lines? Thanks for any input.:happy:

Replies

• jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    The problem my wife had with it is you have to eat a certain amount of fat for it to work. We ate pretty heathy so she was having to eat more fat and cals for it to even be effective, she finally decided to just not eat the fat to begin with. She didnt really have any side effects. If you do eat more fat than you are suppose to be I would be near a bathroom :)
  • Panda86
    Panda86 Posts: 873
    Options
    I have also heard that it, um, messes up your bowel movements. Be very careful with weight loss pills in any form. They promise great results, and sometimes deliver, but at a cost. Often when you stop taking the pills you can gain some or all of your weight back.
  • CRUISINLOSER
    CRUISINLOSER Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    When I began my diet I decided to start taking Ali. I found that it did not help me because I was already on a low fat diet. I try to stick to the 1200- 1500 calories per day.
  • pamw22
    pamw22 Posts: 77
    Options
    Bad side effects if you eat food that is high in fat..... its gross :-/
  • luly727
    luly727 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Tried it, lost weight and then stopped and gained it all back. Same story as many you will see here :(

With the Alli every meal has to be under 11 gr of fat or u better be close & quick to the bathroom cuz all the extra fat is gonna come out and quick!! ( sorry dont mean to be graphic but u get the idea)
    So, why spend the $$ on the pills that supposedly block the fat from being absorbed IF you go over 11 gr a meal?? Just go on a low fat diet and skip the pills, IMO.

The only thing that is going to motivate you or stop u from over eating is the possibility of the treatment effects ( watery and oily stools at any given moment).. the moment I stopped taking them due to the cost involved then, i ate again. No side effects fear, so I stuffed my face and gained all the weight back,
    Here I am 5 months into MFP and a low fat/low cholesterol diet and have lost more weight than ever on any diet, and I have stuck with it..
    Believe me, If I can do it, anyone can. I have NO willpower usually , but this site, and support, motivation, and reading/blogging and going thru all the success stories on here keep me on track :)
    Good Luck in whatever u decide to do .
  • lizziewhan
    lizziewhan Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    a friend of mine is doing alli right now..and she openly talks about her juicy farts.......sorry that sounds gross lol. personally i wouldnt try it bc it really doesnt make you lose that much weight.......i cant remember exactly what it says but its minimal
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    a friend of mine is doing alli right now..and she openly talks about her juicy farts.......sorry that sounds gross lol. personally i wouldnt try it bc it really doesnt make you lose that much weight.......i cant remember exactly what it says but its minimal

its really just advertised as a fat blocker, it blocks a percentage of the fat you eat in theory helping you lose weight, if you eat too much then the extra fat has to go somewhere
  • MaureenH39
    MaureenH39 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the replies :flowerforyou: I don't think I am going to try it....which is what I was leaning towards anyway :wink: