Is this enough?

Options
carilyn39
carilyn39 Posts: 91 Member
My empoyer hired a group to come and do health assessments on us employees if we wanted. I had mine taken; we had our blood tested for cholesterol(159 total 62 ldl/82 hdl) and sugar(81 mg). then blood pressure(118/72) was taken, body fat (21%) waist measurments (29 in), and life style questions were asked, drinking, smoking (quit 4 years ago) and eating habits. All that good stuff. And ALL the tests came back in the heatlhy range.

I am a life time member of Weight Watchers also, I have maintained below my goal weight (went from 222 to 149) for 4 years now. I have been exercising faithfully every morning. Bringing my own lunch to work everyday. Basically doing a darn good job.

So the question I asked myself, "self, are you satisfied yet? Your Doctor has told you that you are healthy, can you stop now?" I actually decided to stop the quest to lose more pounds, but rather just strive for fitness goals. IE: running more races. I guess any inches lost would just be frosting on the cake.

Replies

• Kasuko
    Kasuko Posts: 42
    Options
    Congratulations, thats a good place to be ... it's called "Happy" and I think we all strive for it.

... but what do you do to get optional health assessments?
    212019156 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    If you can physically do what you want to be able to do and you feel good then yeah its probably enough.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!