FAVORITE KIND OF PROTEIN and WHY!?!

Options
What is your favorite protein currently? Whey, Casein, a blend? which brand and why? (Mixability, makes good protein cakes, good sludge, fluff, etc..)

Replies

• kyleekay10
    kyleekay10 Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    I don't use protein powder, but I like Luna Protein bars a lot.

I'll always prefer my protein in the form of meat, though. :)
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    Chicken breast. It's the most satiating.
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    tuna sashimi
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    LOL. ummm...

Dairy and soy. It's a tie.

ETA: ooops why...because it's yummy.
  • ElsaVonMarmalade
    ElsaVonMarmalade Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    What is a protein cake. I am scared. :frown:
  • kyleekay10
    kyleekay10 Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    What is a protein cake. I am scared. :frown:

Cake made with protein powder, I believe.
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I try to eat my protein but I really like hemp because of the added fiber, omega 3's and aminos. I also like whey isolate. I get 30 grams of protein with 1 scoop and I like the way it fluffs up my drink when using frozen fruit and making protein fluff.
  • SmarTam
    SmarTam Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Chicken - not boiled..nice roasted one..fills me up and tastes soooooo good!
  • mussina123
    mussina123 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm in college and I can't always get quality protein sources so I was asking about supplements.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    A NY Strip. Or chicken breast. Or salmon steak.

Barring that, whey protein powder, vanilla flavored.
  • Ed98043
    Ed98043 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    NY strip for me, too. Seasoned, grilled, smothered with minced garlic and dipped in honey mustard hot sauce. I eat it once or twice a week.

On meatless days I drink pre-made chocolate or vanilla protein shakes from Costco.
  • KaylaRaela
    KaylaRaela Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    What is your favorite protein currently? Whey, Casein, a blend? which brand and why? (Mixability, makes good protein cakes, good sludge, fluff, etc..)

I am really picky about my supplements (I work at GNC), and for protein powders, whey isolate is the best route to go. If you can get a blend with hydrolyzed whey, even better. These are the fastest absorbing so they're best used post-workout. If you're using them for a meal replacement, you'll want something with whey, casein and fiber so you're not starving ten minutes later. The one protein that I can't live without is from Cellucor. It's the Cinnamon Swirl flavor and to die for! Smells just like Waffle Crisp cereal. Hope this helps!
  • Maureen214
    Maureen214 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Fresh salmon with a splash of OJ tomatoes, red peppers, 1/2 tbs butter... Yummm
  • cstoney2013
    cstoney2013 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    steak tips!! But I love chicken!
  • _liftnlove
    Options
    I'm gonna try something CRazY and actually respond to the question that was asked...

I like Optimum Nutrition Double Rich chocolate. Taste and mixability are great. I just mix mine in a cup (usually one of my kid's plastic toddler cups), with water and a spoon. Chug it and go....I hate having to use a blender, and I prefer to eat my carbs, not put them in a shake. I also use ON Vanilla Ice Cream in numerous recipes...good luck
  • Stage14
    Stage14 Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    As far as powders go, I have found I prefer soy because animal based powders tend to be chalkier and don't sit well with my stomach.
  • jhloves2knit
    jhloves2knit Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I'm currently enjoying Optimum Gold Standard cookies and cream whey protein. Look on Internet for lowest prices - local nutrition store is $20 over Internet.
  • vlmay1955
    vlmay1955 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I buy whatever whey protein powder is on sale. I mix it with yogurt, cereal, oatmeal, etc. so I find there is little difference between brands/taste/consistancy when I use it this way. I buy two or three different flavors and rotate them every day. Gives a nice added flavor to my morning yogurt/fruit mix, I use plain unflavored zero fat Greek yogurt so the extra flavor helps. Also helps with the oatmeal/fruit mix.
  • mjlaviolette
    mjlaviolette Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Quest bars>luna Quest are made with whey protein isolate which equates to higher leucine and also have like 20 grams of fiber. Try the white chocolate raspberry flavor and you will never eat a luna bar again.
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna try something CRazY and actually respond to the question that was asked...

I like Optimum Nutrition Double Rich chocolate. Taste and mixability are great. I just mix mine in a cup (usually one of my kid's plastic toddler cups), with water and a spoon. Chug it and go....I hate having to use a blender, and I prefer to eat my carbs, not put them in a shake. I also use ON Vanilla Ice Cream in numerous recipes...good luck

the OP asked about favorite protein...thats what the answers are in reference to.