Ate 1200 calories!!!! EXCITEMENT within

Options
billsica
billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
Actually it was 1250 calories. .

Well it was a 1250 double bacon cheese burger that I had for dinner. I'm sure I went over my calorie goal by 500 or so calories, but that's not the point. See, the cheeseburger from sonic was a celebration as I drove home from the gym.

I have been struggling with my bench press. I used to be ok a lifting bench. This guy showed be how an I was working my way up.

Then I gave blood, and had a nerve punctured in my arm. I couldn't bend my elbow right for a week. Then it was just weak. I can still always feel the spot even now. I'm sure my arm has healed for the most part now, and for a wile.
I've just had this fear of the bench press, its been lagging behind my other lifts. It can be pretty terrifying holding that bar over your face when are you are thinking is that your arm is going to give out and come smashing down on you. It's been like that every time..
Till yesterday. I finally just got over it. I'm not sure how. I was on the bench and picked the bar up and I knew it was going down and back up.. I did it, and got a personal best. . I felt like I could do two. I needed a spot and a hand off. I beat that PR. I kept going up in 10 lbs increments. Till I got 40 lbs over. Crazy., it just goes to show that fear is the mind killer. I had no fear.

That's all, go back to your regular day.

bench.jpg

Replies

• BattleTaxi
    BattleTaxi Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Yay for people who fail at needles!

And yay for you!
  • ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options
    Way to overcome and progress. :drinker:

Yay for a 1200+ calorie meal (not day) :happy:
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    YAAAAYY

:drinker:
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Awesome, Bill!! Sooo... no pics of that burger?
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options

4451363341810.27887.png

If I showed the aftermath of it, I think I'd be banned from the forums forever.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    IN for 1200 calorie meal and Bench PR's!
  • lachesissss
    lachesissss Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Oh yes. This is excellent news indeed. Now I want to benchpress and eat cheeseburgers :).
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options

4451363341810.27887.png

If I showed the aftermath of it, I think I'd be banned from the forums forever.

Only if the aftermath was occurring while someone was running a race.

Congrats! :drinker: I think my dinner clocked in at 1090. Because - no lunch. And key lime pie.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!