What is your motivation?

Options
Evelyn1189
Evelyn1189 Posts: 17 Member
edited November 2023 in Getting Started
Hello,
I was just wondering what made you guys decide to use MFP? What made you decide it was time to change the way you eat and exercise and just be healthy? In my case, I just want to be happier. I want to be healthy so that eventually after I graduate from university and get I job, have kids and have the energy to do all the things I want to do. I want to get healthy now for my future. I don't want my health to be a barrier in a few years.
What about you guys?

Replies

• Islandgirl74
    Islandgirl74 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I want to stop hiding from mirrors, gain self confidence, fit into my skinny clothes, and to happily step in front of the camera lens instead of always shying away from it or being behind it, (Photography is a hobby of mine)
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    To look good naked.
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    10 year high school reunion Nov. 30th! I was chubby in high school
  • cstoney2013
    cstoney2013 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    To look good naked.

that says it all :laugh:
  • haunstar
    haunstar Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I want to keep up with my kids! (Or at least try:)
  • Chargette
    Chargette Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    To control my blood sugar.
  • ness122112
    ness122112 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    oops messed up here--new to forum
  • ness122112
    Options
    My wife and children...
    Tried to delete this post--was trying to congratulate you! 52 lbs is impressive! That's approximately my goal. Just learning how to "reply" on this forum...sorry about that! (that I've repeated it so many times--wish I could have just deleted)
  • BrotherBill913
    BrotherBill913 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    I have a new one now, just saw some pix of me at a BBQ this time last year, yeah I'm down a few lbs but no where near where I need to be.... It will happen :):)
  • ness122112
    Options
    @ "My wife and children..." congratulations on 52 lbs!
  • ness122112
    Options
    Finally tired of being tired all the time, and ashamed of myself--plus went on blood pressure medicine this past May. My goal is to get off of it. I've lost 10 lbs since then--so it's slow, but I didn't really start trying hard until around mid August. i want to be healthy and not hurt when I get out of bed in the morning, and have energy and stamina. I was an attractive slim girl through the teens and early twenties, and got bigger and bigger every year after that and am 45 now. For those younger than me and the young lady who started this topic--good for you for catching it early!!! Otherwise you'll regret not doing it.
  • Stage14
    Stage14 Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    When I first joined, it was because I had gained 20bs in 6 months at my new job and didn't want to buy new work clothing, lol. I fell off the wagon for a bit due to life stress and gained back the 10lbs I had lost plus 8 more. When my husband and I started talking about having a baby, I got serious again because I need to be as healthy as possible before getting pregnant. I didn't get back on MFP though until husband was diagnosed with diabetes a couple of months ago. Now we both use it and are making great progress.
  • FindingAmy77
    FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,266 Member
    Options
    My mother being overweight and having a major stroke at 57. That and wanting to take my life back and like what I see.
  • shapefitter
    shapefitter Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    :sick: do you really want to know? :huh:
  • heleine28
    Options
    Just to be a healthier person overall. I also am in a leadership position as both a cop and in the military so I want to be a good example for those I lead.. MFP helps me hold myself accountable
  • Lkkiser3
    Lkkiser3 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    life is my motivation. my daughter and son lost there father to heart disease 2 years ago. he was only 30 years old. I don't want them to lose me also. I want to experience every bit of life with them.
  • Trechell89
    Options
    I really want to love my body and be healthy. I'm so uncomfortable right now with how I look and how I feel. Losing the weight will help me change that. I plan on getting married at some point and would like to be happy with myself when it happens. So I joined MFP so I could keep track of what I'm doing. Knowing that I'm putting it all into MFP keeps me in check on what I eat and helps remind me to workout everyday.
  • guessrs
    guessrs Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Started by wanting to be strong, light and healthy. However, my weight loss has been such a surprising success after so many years of failure that now I want flat abs. I'd never in my dreams even think that I could have flat abs because my stomach has been obese for decades.
This discussion has been closed.