Second chances

Options
Early this year my grandma was diagnosed with cancer. I don't get to see her a lot and when I did I noticed she was getting smaller and smaller. I assumed it was from the disease but she told me she was doing a total lifestyle makeover. She would go for walks when she was feeling good, she started eating better. She said that if she got a second chance she would continue with it and live the rest of her live to the fullest.

Well, today at my grandma's doctor's appointment they found she is cancer free. Gone. None. No more. I'm still freaking out with excitement at the fact that my grandma ACTUALLY BEAT CANCER.

But really, the point of this post is that if you don't start living now, and living to the potential that you know you can, you may regret it. I know I regret not doing this sooner and if you keep putting it off, you will too.

Happy living, everyone!

Replies

• PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    that is amazing story! thank-you for sharing.

My dad, 2 years ago had a heart attack, ended up having not double or triple, but quadruple bypass surgery. He survived it all, it was very scary, and it was my starting out motivation. My dad now eats healthier, has dropped from a 40 waist to a 34 waist, and is always up moving, and he's 73! So praise the Lord if your grandmother can do it, and my dad can do it. We can do it as well!