Shivah - new and sparklin'

Options
Hi everyone, I'm Shivah, my goal is to loose about 50 lb. I'm a student, working on my second career. I was just diagnosed with T2 Diabetes. This was a huge wake up call for me. Although in the past 2 years I've been working on getting healthier, now is the time to really take it to the next level.

So, :) anyone who would like to be a weight loss buddy or just encourage me on my weight loss is ever welcomed!
I like to yoga (biggest tip is get yourself a good mat), swim @ the beach - no really , past the breakers you can really do some great swimming (thread water ...its actually a really good work out) ,snorkel (its amazing! I can do that for hours on end), & free dive (still learning that one).

I know it sounds bad but i really don't like working out on stepper machines or treadmills ::huh: or bicycles ...I guess it just takes little steps maybe I'll try one this month :sad: feel free to suggest a way I can talk myself into those ...sooo yeah
thats me in a nutshell - a small one at that. I'm pretty sure I'm more interesting :bigsmile:

Replies

• Lisa0711
    Lisa0711 Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Hey Shivah, and welcome to MFP!

This website is great for helping you reach your goals since there are so many resources to take advantage of. The message boards are wonderful when you have questions about anything, and the people are are always nice and encouraging! Not to mention the huge food database on here! But be careful when entering some foods already in the base. The ones with *'s by them mean they are member-submitted and they may not always be accurate. It's not a huge problem, but always be sure to check!

As for stationary machines.. I don't really like them either. But time sure passes a lot faster if I have good music to listen to. A good playlist is a necessity for me when working out!

Anyway, welcome and good luck reaching your goals - you can do it!
  • cdsledge09
    cdsledge09 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Hi Shivah,

Welcome to the MFP family. :happy: Glad you decided to get on board. The longer you're on here the more support you'll find, and there's a wealth of information floating around on the boards.:bigsmile:

So far as your exercise, do what you like. You're much more likely to stay active if you're doing things that you enjoy. As time goes by, you'll try out new things and find some stuff that suits you. We don't all belong on treadmills and there are so many ways to burn calories without gym equipment. I truly wish you the best in your efforts, and you can friend me if you like.

Chris :flowerforyou:
  • shivah
    shivah Posts: 6
    Options
    Lisa& Chris - thanks for the encouragement and thanks for the *Generic tip ...i was wondering what that was about ..that makes a lot more sense ^_^

grats on both your weight loss :p knowning ppl are doing it ..is encouraging all by itself.