Any food you refuse to eat?

Options

Replies

• KellyKAG
    Options
    cottage cheese. I have tried to make myself like it on a few occasions but its so wrong!
  • junejadesky
    junejadesky Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Really gone off kale lately. Used to be able to deal with it easy enough but now it makes my stomach turn for some reason. Not good seeing how nutritious it is :/

I have gastric issues so kale is sometimes hard on my tummy too... I ALWAYS eat it with meat and I'm fine :drinker:
  • airdale8263
    airdale8263 Posts: 2,155 Member
    Options
    No brussels sprout's
    No cabbage
  • junejadesky
    junejadesky Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Any and all fish.... I cannot get past the smell!
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Salmon

Tofu

Eggs - unless they are mixed into something with lots of other ingredients
  • kowajenn
    kowajenn Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I had rubbery scallops once years ago and I won't eat them now and I'm also not a fan of winter squash. Anything else? Yeah, I'll eat it. There are other foods I don't love, but I'll eat them anyway.
  • sherrybaby81
    sherrybaby81 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I refuse to eat seafood. It repulses me. I will eat sushi, if it is vegetarian.
    Canned meats gross me out. No spam for me!
    Bananas have to be in chip form.
    Asparagus
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    brussell sprouts....eeew
    licorice
    artichokes
    anything with tentacles

anything else is fair game as long as it isn't moving anymore
  • askeates
    askeates Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    I have a lot of foods that I prefer to not eat, but as far as foods that I refuse to eat, MAYO and CUCUMBERS.... cucumbers I'm actually allergic to, make me puke my guts out.... MAYO the smell alone makes me want to puke, but really I just don't like it.

The rest I will tollerate....
  • Tessyloowhoo
    Options
    Mayo
    Egg yolks (unless its baked into some type of bread-producty thing)
    liverwurst
    tomatoes
    butter (ickkkkkk)
    olives
    coconut oil (dissssgusting)
    chicken skin

*obviously my body doesn't like a lot of fats
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    slimy okra
  • spatulathumbs
    spatulathumbs Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I have always been revolted by the smell or taste of artificial sweetener. Eventually this just merged together with a cola/coke taste and now I hate the taste of soda, too. Blegh.

I'm also iffy on white chocolate, it's a travesty that should not be called chocolate!! Even bad milk chocolate is kind of disgusting.
  • Pedalpush
    Pedalpush Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Donuts.

I know, I know...it's un-American (although I realize you're not from here, trust me, it is). I had a bad donut experience in college: drank waaay too much one night, my freshman year, and ended up at Dunkin' Donuts at 2am. I watched them make the disgusting sugary dough balls that night (morning). I woke up the next day feeling like hell, smelling like greasy pastries, haven't eaten a donut since.
  • TheEffort
    TheEffort Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    Beans...lima, pinto, black, red, kidney, white, peas, black-eyed peas, chickpeas ( to name a few). :sick:
  • harleygroomer
    harleygroomer Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    MMMMMM---some of the same issues BUT here is my solution to some.... I detest a banana in any shape or form so I make pancakes or muffins with them. Cottage cheese is simply a step away from ricotta with out the high fat. I put my cottage thru a sieve and drain it and use it like ricotta. Corn? I am the same way--but I do like to cut it off the cob and sauté it with some onion for zip. I also detest canned peas. They have to be fresh or frozen BUT I put a pinch of curry powder in them to make them LESS detestable when I have to put them on the table (holidays only) Think outside the box on a few of your icky food items--it gets better ..
  • NadineSabbagh
    NadineSabbagh Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Fish, fish, fish. Ugh!! I've always hated fish since I was young, and I never developed a taste for it in adulthood. I hate everything about it, the taste, the texture... I do wish I could eat it, for the health benefits (and some fish-dishes look yummy!) but nope...

I also can't eat aubergine... I imagine it is genuinely what a mushed up slug would taste like :/

Also - some people might find this odd - but I cannot stand peanut butter!!! I think it's revolting!! Yet I don't mind peanuts? Weird!

Edited to add - KIDNEY BEANS. Bleghhh. Or any beans really. Apart from green beans, they're yummy :P
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    Ezekiel Bread.

I've had a nutritionist recommend it so friggin many times that now I simply refuse to even try it. It's also why I dont see my nutritionist any more.
  • RockinTerri
    RockinTerri Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Just the ones I cannot eat (due to allergies/sensitivities) - corn, citrus fruits, tomato juice, hot peppers, and the ones I don't like - tomatoes (though ketchup and tomato sauce are okay), mushrooms, olives, avocado. Other than that - everything is fair game.

I have cut back on certain foods, but I don't have any that are out of the game entirely other than stated above. I've even learned to enjoy foods I'd either never liked or never tried. I even like some food combinations that I previously hadn't thought of.
  • Heaven2017
    Heaven2017 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    No ground meats.. especially ground lamb but oddly enough I like solid lamb and once in awhile you will see me eat ground beef from a good butcher shop but generally I can't do ground meats! Can't see what's in there. Also had a bad experience with Taco Bell ground beef.. can't talk about it or I will vomit..
  • mamadon
    mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    Squash. I haven't had it since I was a kid, but I remember the taste. "Shudder"