What it takes to loose 50+ lbs and keeping it off?

Options
2»

Replies

• lbesaw
    lbesaw Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    One day at a time and one foot in front of the other. Patience is key. Make changes you can "live with" not drastic calorie reductions and starvation. Eat thoughtfully and plan ahead when you can. Good luck. :smile:
  • Kaimana94
    Kaimana94 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    life style change or else it is temp been down over 40 lbs for over two years
  • NinjaMaid
    NinjaMaid Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Develop healthy habits and stick with them. It helps to journal to be accountable and aware of what you're consuming. Don't swear off foods you love. I still enjoy "junk". Limit your cheats or adjust your exercise.
  • CaeliGirl11
    CaeliGirl11 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I haven't given up anything, though I do drink less, and I'm down 51lbs since January and still going. My advice? Don't put yourself on such a strict plan that you feel deprived. I make lighter versions of the same food I've always made, eat less of it, and bulk up on veggies. For example, last night I made scalloped potatoes and ham. I had 1 serving and 1/2 a plate of brussels sprouts. I was well satisfied but still under my calorie goal and had a little sweet snack to top off my day.

Same here. Don't feel like you have to give anything up in order to lose the weight. I live by the IIFYM. If it fits within my calories for the day I go for it. I love ice cream and frozen yogurt...and I don't think I would have made it this far without it. I just make sure I've gotten my exercise in for the day and eat decent the rest of the time. Also, if I'm planning for a party or something I just make sure I'm doing good all week and then I let myself have a day off. I want to have fun on this ride I call life...I'm not here for the a "diet" I'm here to learn to control my portions and love every minute of my ride to my goal!
    Feel free to add me if you want, I love to support and be supported:)
    *edit tried to get the quote to show up as a quote....
  • mare3581
    Options
    love your answer =]
  • thesupremeforce
    thesupremeforce Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    Consistency is the key. Stick with it. I imagine that a lot of people who regain weight after a loss do so because they stop doing what got them there in the first place. That's why it's important to lose weight in a healthy way that can be maintained for the long haul.
  • BIGGMIXX1
    Options
    I STARTED WORKING OUT AT THE GYM ON LABOR DAY 2012, I WENT TO THE GYM EVERY DAY FOR ONE YEAR, PUTTING IN AT LEAST 30 MINUTES A DAY FOR THE FIRST 5 MONTHS, AND THEN 1 HOUR A DAY FOR THE NEXT 7 MONTHS, I COMPLETED MY 1 YEAR GOAL OF EVERY DAY TO THE GYM, LOSING 114 POUNDS ON THE WAY. ALL OF THIS WITHOUT GOING ON A DIET.
    THE ONLY CHANGES I MADE, WAS NO MORE SODA, AND NO EATING AFTER 8 PM. STAY COMMITTED TO THE PROGRAM YOU MAKE IN YOUR HEAD, AND IT ALL WORKS IN THE END. AND DON'T BE DOWN ABOUT PLATEAUS, I HAD SEVERAL, AND AM IN THE MIDDLE OF ONE NOW, IT IS PART OF THE GAME. MOVE FORWARD, TAKE CONTROL OF YOUR LIFE, YOU CAN DO THIS. GOOD LUCK.
  • lonestarb
    Options
    It's really all about knowing your food choices. If you know that one chicken strip from Sonic has as many calories as a whole banana, then you can make the informed choice as to which one you want to eat. I didn't get fat by eating bag after bag of potato chips every night. I did it over the years, by not knowing that the hamburger bun had more calories than the turkey burger that was supposed to be "better" for me.
    You can save at least a hundred calories by having that tuna fish on lettuce, rather than toast!
  • Red_Scorpio_www
    Options
    Thank you for telling this :) I can see what really does work! :)
  • Red_Scorpio_www
    Options
    Thank you all so much :)
    It helps me a lot to know from you.
    While reading your thoughts I could clearly point out with in me what is wrong with me and what I have to do now :)
    I really thank your support :)

I never loved me for what I am now!! How bad was that and that I could say is the one big reason which had been beating up all my work towards loosing weight!! I failed failed...you know if I would count the pounds i lost which i regained again and again it would go beyond 50 lbs !!

Thank you, I know what to do now :)
  • NinjaMaid
    NinjaMaid Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I've kept 100lbs off. I make healthier snack decisions. I have friends to workout with. Strength in numbers helps. I monitor calories and exercise. Zumba and Just Dance made a difference for me. Both are fun and easy to stick with. Plus either one burns a lot of calories. Don't try to deny your favorite foods forever. Allow yourself a cheat. I like Dr. Oz's Faturday. Once a week you can allow yourself to go over your calorie goal. This is suppose to help keep your metabolism revved up. According to some your metabolism can slow if you try to hit the same calorie goal daily. Alternating calorie intake has worked for me so far and I am still losing.