Ladies: How many lbs have you lost to drop a bra band size?

Options
I'm hoping to find someone who's tracked their underbust measurements and could tell me how many lbs per underbust inches have they lost.

I keep wondering if I should buy new bras with smaller cup or it's worth waiting to see if I drop a band size first.

Replies

• daimere
    daimere Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I always track ribcage and I was loosing fastest there last time. But I basically would recheck my bra sizes if my bra was loose/riding up or I needed to replace bras (I have to at least every 4-6 months
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I dont think there is really and answer to this and you will just have to play it by ear. I lose cup size but have not changed my band at all. Boobs are definitely a gene heavy trait though, some will never have any and some can't get rid of em and some can change alot depending on weight.
  • Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    It really depends..

I've dropped 4 inches around my ribs in 60 ish lbs. I was fiddling with my old bras for a while by sewing the cups smaller so that I could still wear them but invariably at some point you are sewing A LOT of fabric. I went from 40 G to 36 F which translates to a fairly substantial loss of volume so having that much fabric was just uncomfortable.

I should have probably replaced my bras sooner but I was really praying to lose more so that I could get into a 'normal' size. The plus stores don't have any band smaller than 38 and the regular stores don't have anything bigger than a DD so I am right in the middle where you pay $$$ for even just a simple bra.

I'd say if you are in a 'normal' size where you can buy a bra for 20$ or less then go for it otherwise you can probably take the cup in a little for a while and hold off until you can get into the cheap bras.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    There is no answer to that. It will depend on your build, how much you have to lose, where you lose it from first, if you had a lot of back fat, etc. We're all special snowflakes when it comes to how weight comes off and where.
  • tavinsmom
    Options
    I'm interested too..I'm down over 30 but my cup size remains the same, which I was hoping would decrese.
  • ST99000722
    ST99000722 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I've lost 22 lbs altogether and have only lost 1 inch off my rib cage. I don't tend to store much fat there anyway, it's all on my stomach and hips.
    So bascially I'm still wearing the same bras.
  • firesoul19
    firesoul19 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    When I originally lost weight after college (it's been awhile now), I lost 55 lbs and went from a 38 DD down to a 34 C.
  • iechick
    iechick Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I've lost a little over 50lbs and I went from a 38B to now wearing a 34A.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    There is no answer to that. It will depend on your build, how much you have to lose, where you lose it from first, if you had a lot of back fat, etc. We're all special snowflakes when it comes to how weight comes off and where.

This.

When I first started losing a couple years ago, I dropped ten pounds without losing any boobs. The next 5 pounds I lost, my band size didn't change at all, but my cup size went down. The next 5 pounds I lost after that, my band size actually needed to be BIGGER because even though I was losing weight, my muscles grew.

Bottom line, pounds per inch lost in your bust is never going to be an accurate measurement. I would just go buy a new bra, but not spend a ton of money on it.
  • her4g63
    her4g63 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I began my weight loss journey at a 36DD and have remained there throughout 44 pounds of weight loss.
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,224 Member
    Options
    I'm interested too..I'm down over 30 but my cup size remains the same, which I was hoping would decrese.

I'm down over 80 and still the same cup size. The band has gone down by 8 inches, but the cup size is the same (although proportionally smaller as a 42DDD is a bigger boob than a 34DDD). I keep waiting for the cup to shrink. No luck yet.
  • nelinelineli
    nelinelineli Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Alright Thank you ladies you've been most helpful!

I only have few pounds left to lose so I'm willing to bet my band size is not going to drop a full inch. By what you're telling me it takes at least 10 pounds to drop one inch. And that's rare too. Thanks :)

*Going shopping*
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I gained and then lost 9 pounds or so and my bra size stayed the same. I didn't gain any of the weight on my back or rib cage.
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    It really depends..

I've dropped 4 inches around my ribs in 60 ish lbs.

And as an excellent example of this point, I dropped 4" from my ribs in 15 lbs. Wonder of that is a comparable amount by % of initial body fat or just that my upper torso went first and yours went later?
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    I don't know how many inches, but I went from wearing a 38 band size to a 32, which I was properly measured at last week. 50lb difference.
  • HeyGoRun
    HeyGoRun Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    I tracked this last on may 30th (pre boob job) when I was around 150-156lbs: under bust 33in over bust 34.5= 38b bra size yikes! that cup was too big for my tiny boobies but my band had too be big!

Now at 140 lbs my undersbust is 32 and over 39=32F or 36D

so I had to lose more than 10 lbs to go down 1in from band..
  • alisonlynn1976
    alisonlynn1976 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    I've lost 42 pounds so far and have gone from 38 to 34 band size, and getting close to 32 (I think I will be there in 10 more pounds). I seem to be losing weight from my upper body quicker than my lower body, though I'm sure this varies depending on body type.
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    My Underbust has dropped about 4 inches so far. My Underbust measured 37 and I was wearing 38f/36g bras. Now I am 33 and wearing 34h/32hh bras. I haven't lost volume at all.
  • enchantedgardener
    enchantedgardener Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I've gone from a 38H to a 36FF after a 20 lb loss. It's hard to gauge accurately (different brands and styles = different fit), but I'm guessing I'm down two cup sizes and down one band size.
  • needtoloseafewpounds
    Options
    My rib cage is the tiniest place on my entire body. I've always remained a bra band size of 75 (in Korean size. I think that's in cm?) But I did notice that it took me about roughly 20 lbs to drop a bra cup size. I'm not sure if I should be happy about that, though. haha! I went from a 75C to a 75B.