lululemon?

Options
Didn't know what forum this would go under ... Is anyone else completely sold on Lululemon work out wear?

I'm a fourth Generation Vancouver (BC) Girl. Even though it's a Vancouver company (made famous by Pamela Anderson in hollywood - another BC girl)

I wasn't completely sold that i wanted to buy 70 - 100 $ pants that I'll just sweat in ...

Last summer my boyfriend got me a really cute Running skirt ... After that I was being convinced that yes, OK, material is nice, and they come with materials that don't stink when you sweat in them (that's awesome for tops becuase I've had to throw out some, because the perma-sweat smell)

So I caved and bought some 90$ lulu pants ... A year later They haven't Balled, Snagged, smelled, Faded or Shrunk ... I 'm telling you, these are the best pants I've ever worn.

My collection is huge now. Two running skirts, three pairs of pants (two capri style) 1 tank top and 1 sports bra OoooOOoo and a stunning coat, that I dare not work out in!

Another interesting thing, I bought a pair of pants, that were a little snug, figured I could fit into them one day, bought them for 45$ on sale, 6 months later, let go of the dream I won't muffin top on them ...

Put them on Ebay free shipping, starting bid 25$ .. figuring I could get half my money back. Came back from a trip they sold for 80$$!!!!!

Look on Ebay first if you're interested, can get them cheaper! Anyone else wear Lululemon?

Sorry for hte long post, bored at work

Replies

• Serenifly
    Serenifly Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Oh and did I mention No girl can have a bad *kitten* in these pants?

lululemon-pants.jpg1296_black_bon_bon_paradise_l_z.jpg
    lululemon_athletics.jpg1068_paradise_kiss_chipper_pri_l_z.jpg
    Picture+17.png4311777793_62dfe84566.jpg

I have the shorts in Black/Purple ... awesome!
  • tommygirl15
    tommygirl15 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    I bought a couple of things from there and it's awesomeness. I'm loving those shorts big time!
  • ♥jewelchristian♥
    ♥jewelchristian♥ Posts: 3,666 Member
    Options
    I don't own any, because I don't want to spend that kind of $$ and I'm not sure they come in "plus sizes" I have never seen a bad *kitten* in them though!! :devil:
  • Allibaba
    Allibaba Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I used to work down by their concept store on broadway and cambie, I used to go in there with my coworker a lot, she swore by them but as of yet I don't have it in my budget. They seem very good quality! It might be a good item to purchase for one of my goals though!
  • Serenifly
    Options
    haha I used to live on 20th :) I'd highly recommend them! honestly. Even just a pair of shorts to start, they will last you years!
  • antiadipose
    antiadipose Posts: 447
    Options
    ive never heard of them! but i want some soo bad now lol im already googling away. thx girly!
  • Serenifly
    Options
    CHECK EBAY FIRST! :) Just got a great running skirt for 26$ Shipped ! Same skirt diff color that I paid 60 $ Last summer for :)
  • antiadipose
    antiadipose Posts: 447
    Options
    on the actual website... theres a section "we made too much"
    pretty affordable.... but ya ill def look around first.
  • recipe4success
    recipe4success Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Their clothes only go up to size 12...but even if they went higher I don't think I would ever buy something from there. I have read in many places, and heard, that their market is people who are in shape, not those trying to get into shape. They only want people to wear their clothes if they look good in them. I don't really like that philosophy. I also don't see why they can't sell clothes that go into higher sizes.

Then again, who knows. I boycotted Starbucks for years before finally trying it and loving it.
  • kylielouttit
    kylielouttit Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I love Lululemon. Dream job would be working there for the discount.

I have a pair of yoga pants that I wore for BOTH pregnancies and they never stretched out of shape. I can still wear them and they still make me look like I have a bum. Best money spent, I recommend them!
  • Serenifly
    Options
    Their clothes only go up to size 12...but even if they went higher I don't think I would ever buy something from there. I have read in many places, and heard, that their market is people who are in shape, not those trying to get into shape. They only want people to wear their clothes if they look good in them. I don't really like that philosophy. I also don't see why they can't sell clothes that go into higher sizes.

Then again, who knows. I boycotted Starbucks for years before finally trying it and loving it.

It actually is a very good company, all staff get free yoga classes, gym memberships, and retreats yearly for personal development. They also offer Educational funding for employees. As does Starbucks :) Starbucks also only purchases beans from farms that offer above minimum wage to their workers, and full health care for the workers and their families.
  • Serenifly
    Options
    I love Lululemon. Dream job would be working there for the discount.

I have a pair of yoga pants that I wore for BOTH pregnancies and they never stretched out of shape. I can still wear them and they still make me look like I have a bum. Best money spent, I recommend them!

Wow ... That's awesome! haha when I was google imaging photos to post, I couldn't believe how many pregnant women wore them! :)
  • recipe4success
    Options

It actually is a very good company, all staff get free yoga classes, gym memberships, and retreats yearly for personal development. They also offer Educational funding for employees. As does Starbucks :) Starbucks also only purchases beans from farms that offer above minimum wage to their workers, and full health care for the workers and their families.

I'm sure the company is good, I just don't like how they treat their customers :)
  • Serenifly
    Options
    Im a regular customer, always been treated like gold there. Only been to the Vancouver ones though (Kits Beach, Downtown and Metrotown)

They also offer Free Hemming in house ... WOOP FOR US SHORT LEGGED LADIES!
  • Sarandipity
    Sarandipity Posts: 1,560
    Options
    I love the look of their stuff and will keep them in mind, but I still have too much to lose to spend that much on workout gear. I go as cheep as I can and have been replacing quite often so they stay up! :laugh:
  • recipe4success
    Options
    Im a regular customer, always been treated like gold there. Only been to the Vancouver ones though (Kits Beach, Downtown and Metrotown)

Yes but you weigh the weight that they want their customers to weigh :)

Anyway, its cool and I don't intend to hijack your thread. :)
  • Serenifly
    Options
    No worries, but they do go to size 14, and if pregnant women can wear them through their pregnancies during and after, then they gotta be good for the non skinny beeyotches :)
  • Serenifly
    Options
    on the actual website... theres a section "we made too much"
    pretty affordable.... but ya ill def look around first.

Geen you're not kidding! I have the 'Half Moon Jacket' paid 109$ for it! lol that's the coat I wont wear working out, I wear it when I go out! haha ... I got mine in Pink :D
  • morawjo
    morawjo Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I'm sooooooo addicted to Lululemon. For all of you on here saying you don't want to shell out the $$$ to buy something from there...believe me...it is worth it. There stuff is such amazing quality and will last you for years. Their Scuba sweaters are awesome...yes they are $98...but it is the most comfortable sweater you'll ever own. I'm not skinny beeyotch either and I can fit into their size 12 and size 10 sweaters. Everything is super stretchy. Eeeee!!! I want everything from there!!! I'm getting excited just talking about it. Lol!!
  • kneels
    Options
    If you go shooping in the USA, there is an outlet lululemon in Burlington you can get some awesome deals. I just got a $52 shirt for $20 and $95 hoodie for $69. There is sometimes poor selection but recently it has been great!