Had a bad day....yesterday

Options
Yesterday was hard.....I had someone say something pretty hurtful about my weight and it really brought me DOWN.

When someone says/does something to totally throw you off track (and they don't even realize it!) what do you do to stay motivated?
Because today I am feeling really down and like nothing i do matters.....

Replies

• GinaB30
    GinaB30 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was hard.....I had someone say something pretty hurtful about my weight and it really brought me DOWN.

When someone says/does something to totally throw you off track (and they don't even realize it!) what do you do to stay motivated?
    Because today I am feeling really down and like nothing i do matters.....
  • elliott062907
    elliott062907 Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    what you do is say to yourself, "I am so much better then you", then you go on and forget about it.

Been there, done that!!!

Just stay on the road you want to take and shake it off....

You will be fine, I think we have all been through it.
  • BlazinEmerald
    Options
    This is hurtful and annoying and sometimes pushes me to do something about it! Like lose some weight!

I was driving the other day and a man cut me off, I had my son with me in the car, no injuries or accidents but the man leaned out his window and yelled " FAT F***** B**** " I was hurt and I was mad and my son was in tears nearly :sad: My little Mr. Road Rage son (6 yrs) was so mad that anyone would talk to his mother like that. He wanted me to pull over so he could tell this man how rude and ignorant he was. No matter what some people say there is always SOMEONE who loves you beyond measure, and THAT is what keeps me workin at this.
  • chriss1tt
    chriss1tt Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Good morning Mamapants. I am really sorry u had a bad day yesterday. :flowerforyou: But you do matter and everything you do matters. I have been FLUFFY (my favorite term) my whole life and have had many hurtful things said or many rejections because of my FLUFFY-NESS. :smile: I have come to the conclusion that I am a very important person. To myself first. Then to those around me who love me.:heart: And so are you. We may not be able to change the negative folks:devil: out there, but we can make it a better place for others. I support you all the way. You matter to me.:wink: And to all the others on this site. Just hang in there. Hugs to you and have a great day.
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    No one will ever know why others are so mean & hurtful but I believe in Karma so don't worry MP... the Universe will do it's thing. :bigsmile:

I don't bounce back very fast when someone hurts me.. I know, I know it should make me stronger and it does... believe me but words hurt so much more than actions. :ohwell:

MP... everything you do matters so much. Not only for yourself but for your family. :heart:
    I hope you feel better very soon mama.

~Joanna:flowerforyou:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    I have learned to actually feel sorry for those that have to say mean things to hurt another persons feelings. I used to get pi$$ed off and it would bother me for days until I realized they must be pretty down on THEMSELVES if they feel the need to make these comments because you know they are said to make YOU look bad and make themselves feel better for a minute. And I think they DO know it more than you think. Some people tend to forget about their edit button and make it SEEM like an innocent comment when it's really said on purpose.

Just don't let it get you down. You are FINE and look great and are working towards your goal. No one can take that away from you.
  • brinmeliss
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear that someone put you down. This may be the hardest thing to face. My advice to you (and myself - if I would just listen to myself when it happens) is to go the gym and work that much harder. You are hurting yourself if you self sabatoge your diet and weight loss and not the person who hurt you. BUT - If you need to get a Snickers or something - I think you should do that AFTER the gym. You might not want it after the gym, but if nothing else get away from that person.
  • may_marie
    may_marie Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    People are so mean,

but think about it, its easy to be skinny and eat anything you want, but to try to loose weight is quite a struggle, the fact that you have had the will power to do it this far makes you a much stronger person, i bet that those people would not be able to stick it together and loose weight if they needed too.
    but You can,

stick to their words and show them whos the boss, loose all those pounds and prove them wrong, you can do it :happy: :flowerforyou:

may
  • GinaB30
    Options
    Well, the person that said it isn't exactly skinny themselves....lol and I know that the moment they said it, they regretted it and had that *oh crap, back pedal* thing going on....I could almost see the wheels moving in their head trying to reverse the damage...but it had been done.....

I know that I need to prove them wrong- but man it's HARD today....
    I appreciate you guys and all your kind words =o)
    I know I need to stick to it!
  • GravyGurl
    GravyGurl Posts: 1,070
    Options
    Just think of it this way.... what matters most is what you think about yourself. Everyone that says hurtful things are just idiots :laugh: You know you are wonderful and beautiful and doing the right things and that is all that matters:flowerforyou: .... whatever they say is just their whiney azz opinion :laugh:
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    ((((hug)))) it can only get better from here! Don't let the actions of a few small minded people ruin your good work!
  • HannahRoo
    HannahRoo Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Just remember, you can change your additude but you can't change theirs!

I have to say that to myself at least 5 times a day :cry: People can be so childish.
  • GinaB30
    Options
    Just remember, you can change your additude but you can't change theirs!

I have to say that to myself at least 5 times a day :cry: People can be so childish.

That is soo true! I try really hard to NOT let things like that get to me, but yesterday was just UGH- because this person knows I've been trying to lose weight, knows I"ve already lost 13 and I didn't need THAT.
  • abbychelle07
    abbychelle07 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    I have learned to actually feel sorry for those that have to say mean things to hurt another persons feelings.

I agree. Sometimes people say mean things because THEY are so insecure. Even if they're not insecure, you should feel bad for people that have a bad outlook on life.

I'm sorry someone hurt your feelings! We all support you and know you can do this!
  • MontanaGirl
    MontanaGirl Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I just say to myself "yes, I may still be fat, but atleast I don't have an ugly personality" Even if someone is beautiful on the outside, their inside will show through. You are working to improve yourself and that ugly personality that leaked out of that person is obviously a major character flaw that they need to work on! But you are making huge progress, they obviously aren't - so congratulations on your weight loss and on keeping on keeping on!! You will make it and will look stunning, while that person will still have their ugly personality showing :glasses:
  • Benson
    Benson Posts: 444
    Options
    Sorry you had your feelings hurt My mom (bless her soul) responded to a rude comment about her weight (before losing 65 lbs.) by saying, " I may be fat - but you're ugly and at least i can diet!!" This is not something I would say out loud but have thought it many times and even that helps level out the hurt!
  • abbychelle07
    abbychelle07 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    Sorry you had your feelings hurt My mom (bless her soul) responded to a rude comment about her weight (before losing 65 lbs.) by saying, " I may be fat - but you're ugly and at least i can diet!!" This is not something I would say out loud but have thought it many times and even that helps level out the hurt!

I love that! :laugh:
  • GinaB30
    Options

I love that! :laugh:

LOL that is funny, I have definately thought things like that before!

I know the person that said what they did, is stressed (not an excuse exactly but it's not a usual thing for them) and so I am going to forgive and forget.
    The day is gorgeous, I've worked out, I feel good today. :smile:
    Thank you ALL for the great advice and support...=o)
  • chriss1tt
    chriss1tt Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I just say to myself "yes, I may still be fat, but atleast I don't have an ugly personality" Even if someone is beautiful on the outside, their inside will show through. You are working to improve yourself and that ugly personality that leaked out of that person is obviously a major character flaw that they need to work on! But you are making huge progress, they obviously aren't - so congratulations on your weight loss and on keeping on keeping on!! You will make it and will look stunning, while that person will still have their ugly personality showing :glasses:

Very well said:smile: .