Progress Picture... Still Far From Goal But Big Difference

Options
I am still a long ways away from my goal weight but I was browsing through my old photos and saw a quite a difference to the woman I see in the mirror now.

I used to live a very sedentary lifestyle. All I do is sleep till the afternoon, sit on the TV until it's late then work when everyone is asleep. I hardly go out unless it's to dine out with friends. But I had a health scare last July while I was eating steak in one of my favorite restaurants. At some point during a meal, I had a heart burn so severe I thought I was having a heart attack. I panicked which didn't help at all and for about a couple of minutes I was sitting there hardly breathing, sweating and thinking I'm going to die. That's when I said to myself, you need to make a change!

I started right away with exercise. I walk and cycled but still ate a lot. I didn't lose weight at all. Luckily, I stumbled upon MFP and I was able to start on calorie counting. Now I am very active with walking. I discovered the joy of hiking and I do it at least 3 times a week. I'm also starting to run and hopefully soon I can do a 5k race with friends. I've only started here on MFP on July 24th and so far I have lost 32lbs. A lot of people might say that it's such a fast and unhealthy weight loss pace but I've never felt this healthy/active ever. I struggle with eating my calories to be honest coz now I am afraid that every little I eat will make me gain but thanks to a lot of the friends I've met here and lots of information I've read through the forum, I know better that eating healthy and staying active is really the best way to lose the weight.

BeforeandAfter_zps10aee091.jpg

Replies

• bsutherland3681
    bsutherland3681 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    You look great! It looks like you have lost WAY more than 32 lbs! Keep up the good work!
  • annenhie
    annenhie Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Thank you. :)
  • rondagrier
    rondagrier Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You look great and do not look like you are 182 pounds now! Way to go!!!
  • MzManiak
    MzManiak Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Bow chicka wow wow! You're lookin hot, missy! Congrats.
  • annenhie
    Options
    Thank you guys. :)
  • zombiemomjo
    zombiemomjo Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Wow, amazing! That definitely looks like more than 32 lbs!! Keep up the good work!
  • angex3333
    angex3333 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    You look great!!!!
  • dianesheart88
    dianesheart88 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!! Congrats!!
  • BigSnicka
    BigSnicka Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Looking great!! Keep up the good work!
  • tdieter2
    Options
    Inspirational! Great job and keep it up! Definitely going to turn out to be a hottie!
  • FitWarrior7
    FitWarrior7 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Looking good, keep at it!
  • dcr5452WECHANGED
    dcr5452WECHANGED Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    What a difference!! Lookin great!!
  • corrinab2705
    corrinab2705 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    You look amazing, your current picture is lovely. Well done you xx
  • NewTnme
    NewTnme Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Wow !! you look great keep up the good work!!!:drinker:
  • PJ64
    PJ64 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    Excellent progress AND you've found ways of losing the weight that you're happy with, that alone is a BIG plus. A lot of people see exrcise as a chore. As long as you try to keep it fun and exciting or at the minimum enjoyable, it will be something you will want to do.

Congrats again on the great loss and the new lifestyle :smile:
  • HeyGoRun
    HeyGoRun Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Wow!! Awesome change!!!
  • annenhie
    Options
    Excellent progress AND you've found ways of losing the weight that you're happy with, that alone is a BIG plus. A lot of people see exrcise as a chore. As long as you try to keep it fun and exciting or at the minimum enjoyable, it will be something you will want to do.

Thank you. And yes... It's great to find something more enjoyable than sitting in front of the TV. The great views of nature are awesome. :)
  • jennycita
    jennycita Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    WOW! Congrats!!! Very inspirational!! :flowerforyou:
  • annenhie
    Options
    WOW! Congrats!!! Very inspirational!! :flowerforyou:

I'm glad you think so.
  • PJ64
    PJ64 Posts: 866 Member
    Options

Thank you. And yes... It's great to find something more enjoyable than sitting in front of the TV. The great views of nature are awesome. :)

I agree, My Puppy Loves our long walks, especially when I take her to the beach :smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!