just don't feel

Options
very motivated lately. It's hard to eat right and exercise when you're depressed, and it doesn't look like this funk will end any time soon :( Like today, I just wanted to sit around all day and eat eat eat. Just need some motivation.

Replies

• Eve_Noguez
    Options
    You should read instead! Or do something else that will keep your hands busy so you won't eat :)
  • Jena_72
    Jena_72 Posts: 1,057
    Options
    awww your more than half way to goal!! Don't sabatage yourself NOW!! Go outside right now missy and get in a brisk walk then comeback and tell us how your feeling ok? Go Go NOW!! :wink:
  • Tamour
    Tamour Posts: 1
    Options
    Thats right ! Go for a walk!
  • 1QueenB
    1QueenB Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    You have come to far to turn back now, so turn yourself toward that door and get moving!!!!!! You are doing great, let nothing stand in your way!!!!
  • Kimd1972
    Kimd1972 Posts: 45
    Options
    Been there, done that ~ can write a book! Time to get the endorphins going! Move your body! Walk, aerobics, FiTV...something!! Take the advice of the others....get out of the house, to get out of the funk!
  • cparter
    cparter Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    very motivated lately. It's hard to eat right and exercise when you're depressed, and it doesn't look like this funk will end any time soon :( Like today, I just wanted to sit around all day and eat eat eat. Just need some motivation.

Try looking in the mirror and think is this the me I want to have the rest of my life. Too often we turn to food as a pacifier vice being a substance for our existence. Try thinking about why you started this journey and what do you have to gain.

Now, get your tail out of there and move it move it move it!!!
  • aymetcalf
    aymetcalf Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I know how it feels! trust me! Try to force yourself to get moving, like take a walk somewhere. The exercise will help with the depression and you won't eat as much. I hope you feel better soon! :flowerforyou:
  • sunshinesmiles
    sunshinesmiles Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Dont give up! You can get through this patch. Remember - you deserve to feel beautiful and healthy and confident! Youve made it so far, keep going! Read a book,paint your toes,go for a walk,dance around the room to your favourite song! keep your mind and hands busy!
  • 1Steph1
    1Steph1 Posts: 145
    Options
    But exercise releases endorphins that make you feel good. If you stick to your workouts even when you dont want to it will help get you out of that funk :) and youll feel better about yourself in the long run for doing it. It happens to us all, just push through and dont quit! :)

Heres a good article http://exercise.about.com/cs/exercisehealth/a/depression.htm :)
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    When I'm feeling "blah" it almost always helps to take a walk outside - you don't need to do anything strenuous, but just a nice walk where you can get some sunlight (or moonlight!), breathe fresh air and look at the world around you. Leave your troubles at home and just be. I do something called a walking meditation where I focus on my breathing as I walk and try not to let any thoughts settle in my head.

It's hard to explain why, but something like that always helps get me out of a funk and leaves me feeling refreshed. Hang in there!
  • Dreaj79
    Dreaj79 Posts: 212
    Options
    I've been feeling this way all week too!! I'm looking forward to a three day weekend and I hope I can get my weight loss mojo back!! Even if you have to take a couple of days off from the gym, stay eating clean and regroup after the weekend. Just don't revert to old habits!! Good luck getting back on track!
  • sorellabella
    sorellabella Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    You felt motivated enough to check in and that is a good sign....go for a walk!
  • 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Doing something - like exercise - will sure make you feel better about yourself! This is your official "kick in the pants"! Good luck!
  • soundofsong
    Options
    You felt motivated enough to check in and that is a good sign....go for a walk!

I agree! When I'm not feeling it I don't even check this site usually.
  • kath711
    kath711 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    If I am feeling particularly lazy, I always guilt myself into walking the dog saying the dog needs to be walked. I realize this won't work if you dont have one but it gets me motivated. Maybe you could try to find someone to be accountable to and for, which could "guilt" you into walking for them and yourself in the process.
  • brat1076
    brat1076 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Self motivation is very difficult. I think that you should first look at that Great number on your ticker. Wow!! You have done such a great job. Next make a list of all the things you can do now that you have lost some weight. Carry it with you it will help when you try to talk yourself out of say exercising or it will help when you try talking your self into say a peice of cake. Exercise even if you don't feel like. The endorpines you produce will help with your blah feelings. I know when I get down on my diet I also have a close friend I turn to. If I feel like it's not worth it he pushes me. Basicly he says Tina get off your butt. You are worth it, I am now down over 60lbs. (I found this site about a year after I started to get healthy.)
    Good Luck