Keto advice? Support?

Options
Morning folks!

I'm on week 3 of the Keto diet and while I'm adjusting to the diet aspect of it and I'm feeling physically great, I'm a little annoyed that my weight seems to have stalled out.

I lost 7lbs initially but now I'm holding steady for the past 4 days with no movement.
I know some stalling is normal but is it normal this soon? Or should I be concerned?

Replies

• nilbogger
    nilbogger Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Four days?

Have a little patience, my friend.
  • Ignaura
    Ignaura Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I'm on my third week of keto as well. For the first two I limited my carb intake to less than 30g a day and lost 8 lbs and I think this week I won'y lose as much... I say I'll lose just 2 lbs.
    Try not to over think about it, if you are keeping your macros right, you'll be fin.
  • mrmagee3
    mrmagee3 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Morning folks!

I'm on week 3 of the Keto diet and while I'm adjusting to the diet aspect of it and I'm feeling physically great, I'm a little annoyed that my weight seems to have stalled out.

I lost 7lbs initially but now I'm holding steady for the past 4 days with no movement.
    I know some stalling is normal but is it normal this soon? Or should I be concerned?

Stalling is something that a lot of keto people go through post-induction. There's even a name for it - post induction stall syndrome. If your carbs are low, and your calories are under maintenance, just keep going with it. It'll start up again. Google "post induction stall syndrome", or check some of the keto groups here, for more information.
  • MrOutfit
    Options
    I've done keto before. I had the same experience initially.

I can tell you that the weight you initially lost was probably not all fat, it was mainly water that you were retaining.

When you go keto, your sodium levels drop, when sodium levels drop so does the amount of fluid you retain.

You will feel different when you go to the bathroom too.

Give it time, about week 6-7 is when you start to notice it the best.