Varicose Vein Procedure

Options
Hi all,

Not sure exactly where to post this so I chose here!

Has anyone had any procedures done to get rid of their varicose veins? I saw the posts on them in the boards, but nothing about any procedures or surgeries. In the next couple of weeks I will be getting Endovenous Laser Ablation done to both legs.

I have yet to be pregnant, and have never been extremely overweight or obese which are two of the common causes of them. From what the Doc said and a little research, females are more prone to getting them, and it is hereditary which would explain my situation. He also stated due to my weight loss and additional exercise that that may have caused them to act up. They have always been a little noticeable behind the knees, but the past six or so months I've had some discomfort and a dull, achy, feeling which is constant. Also, due to the poor circulation, I haven't had 100% energy in quite some time.

I can't wait to have the procedure done! I almost forgot what it was like before I've had issues with them! If any of you have had experiences with varicose veins or had them removed or worked on please share!

Jackie

Replies

• ohmyjiggle
    ohmyjiggle Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I am 23 and I think I suffer from this. I have had two pregnancys, with one I did gain a lot of weight. I am currently at a healthy weight but my legs and feet are always throbbing. And I do have a good amount of decent veins popping out on the tops of my feet. I think for me it might be due to bad leg circulation. I don't exactly know what to do about it, and don't have the funds to seek medical advice. But to be 23 and have throbbing feet, just doesn't sound good to me.

Good luck with your surgery though :)