Heyy from NJ

ACJP323
ACJP323 Posts: 3
edited September 18 in Introduce Yourself
Hello all, new here. Trying to drop some weight, been working with a personal trainer 3x a week for about 7 weeks now. Lost inches all over, but havent lost any poundage yet. :sad: Kinda discouraging, but I know, I know :mad: "MUSCLE WEIGHS MORE THAN FAT" thats what my trainer keeps telling me, hopefully now I can really focus on what I am eating, since i have the exercise thing down pat.

Replies

• ACJP323
    Hello all, new here. Trying to drop some weight, been working with a personal trainer 3x a week for about 7 weeks now. Lost inches all over, but havent lost any poundage yet. :sad: Kinda discouraging, but I know, I know :mad: "MUSCLE WEIGHS MORE THAN FAT" thats what my trainer keeps telling me, hopefully now I can really focus on what I am eating, since i have the exercise thing down pat.
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    WELCOME!! It is great that you are exercising! Yes, this site will help you keep track of your calories and you can come here for motivation and support. A pound of muscle weighs the same as a pound of fat. The difference is that the pound of fat takes more space than the pound of muscle which is smaller in size but denser. So as you replace your fat with muscle you look leaner, the reason you have lost inches. Great job!!! :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • ACJP323
    Thanks!! :laugh:
This discussion has been closed.