Options
    Back hurts
  • Sarahndipity30
    Sarahndipity30 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    "I have no one to workout with"
    "Im going to wait on so-n-so to join me"
    "i worked 12 hours and Im too tired"
    "It's too late and i still need to cook dinner...followed by..Im so full i just want to be lazy"

Gotta learn to get over these excuses. ugh.
  • PhearlessPhreaks
    PhearlessPhreaks Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    For getting to the gym? Scheduling. My toddler goes to the gym daycare, which is from 9-1 and 4-8; so i have to reconcile that with her nap schedule, dinner time- and on top of it, I have a 2 mo which can't get into the daycare until she's 6 mo, so I have to find a baby sitter...

My excuse for putting off workouts at home: I HATE working out at home; I get distracted by kids, the cat, a chore I forgot about, and, I'm just not disciplined enough to consistently work out at home beyond some yoga. Though, I do walk with the kids when it's not disgusting outside.
  • nyboer
    nyboer Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I hate taking two showers a days...lol

Seconded!
  • howardheilweil
    howardheilweil Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I worked out doubly hard yesterday?
  • septembergrrl
    septembergrrl Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    For days when I'm trying to work out at home: "I'll exercise right after I ___________." (Watch this episode, fold the laundry, finish this Candy Crush level, whatever.)

And then I keep finding different things to do until, oops! It's too late to exercise now, silly person!

This is why I love walking with my husband so much ... we're accountable to each other.
  • holliebevineau
    holliebevineau Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I will go tomorrow!
  • EmmaNilsson77
    EmmaNilsson77 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I don't want to go to the trouble of changing clothes to work out. (yep, I'm just that lazy sometimes)

Tell me about it! The worst one for me most days is "But my hair looks great and if I work out I'll have to wash it and what are the chances it'll look this good after and well I could just not eat as much today..." Which usually gets me out the door plenty quick. Lol.
  • NicoleCooney92
    NicoleCooney92 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I can't find my . . . . .
    sunglasses, I-pod, ear-buds, pedometer, helmet,

any or all of the above.

Is there a correlation between weight loss and memory loss????

BTW I have four teenagers who are always "borrowing" my stuff.
  • NicoleCooney92
    NicoleCooney92 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Ok, one before before I go for my run.

I'll go right after I log and then spend an hour or so on MFP. Yup, I'm blaming you guys . . . . .:happy:

Ok, seriously, gotta go for my run.:smile:
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    My toe hurts.
  • KathyPerry70
    KathyPerry70 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Although during my work day is the best time for me to get my workout in, there's really not enough time to go to the gym at lunch time, get changed, get in a 'decent' work out and then have to shower and dress to go back to work, and still feel all sweaty all afternoon. And plus, I'm just so busy at work. I'll go after I finish this task... Okay, I've worked through lunch so I'll leave early and go to the gym before the after work rush. Oh, too late to go now, I'll run into the busy time. And I have to get home to the kids, make dinner, help with homework. Now I'm too exhausted to think about exercise!
  • NonnyMary
    NonnyMary Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    I'm too tired, its too hot out, i will pass out going to the gym in this 100 degree heat index. I dont feel like it. AGT is on TV tonight and i want to see who won, its too late, why should i bother going this late at 7:00 pm, i'll do it tomorrow.. i have to take care of the cats, im too busy.
  • mjrkearney
    mjrkearney Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    After 4-7 hours lifting and hauling on the loading dock, I've burned more extra calories than any workout I could get in at the gym. Besides, my MFP calculations are for "lightly active" and that only qualifies on my day off and not the six days a weeks I put in the extra exercise.

Also, you know, back hurts, legs hurt, tired, bleeding, etc.
  • mjrkearney
    mjrkearney Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Wait! How about "I donated blood this morning and am under strict orders not to do anything strenuous for the rest of the day"?
  • My big Excuse is that I ate healthy or was under calorie goal so I don't really have to work anything off right away...
    New girl and open to friends by the way
    -Abby
  • AKAMrsR
    AKAMrsR Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I've also decided NO MORE EXCUSES! My main excuse is no time - I'm a stay at home mom, and I somehow don't count naps or after bedtime as time I could workout. And I can drop my daughter off at the gym as long as I schedule in advance, but then I use not wanting to mess up her schedule as my excuse. Resolution - make working out part of her schedule!
  • operaprincess1
    operaprincess1 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I worked out yesterday...I can take today...(and then it becomes the next three days) off. I just worked a double and climbed stairs all day so that should be good enough...work keeps calling so I wouldn't be able to get a full workout in anyways...horrible commute home and too upset to work out after all that traffic.....and the list goes on.
  • Most common excuses: It's too dark (safety issue), the pram I like to use is broken, I have a cough, my toe hurts, it looks like rain (this is when I take baby. I walk in the rain myself!) I was up all night with a sick kiddo, if I go for a walk I won't have energy for sex, I need sleep more than exercise (this is my most common morning excuse), I have nothing to wear, if I go for a walk/run I won't have time to do my chores, I'll be all sweaty for work, I've got a headache, it's too hot (I get rashes really easily), it's hayfever season....
  • suzyfj8
    suzyfj8 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I sometimes use I don't want to wash my hair twice in a day, but then I put on my workout clothes and go for a run anyways!