Friends who are positive and grounded in reality

Options
I've been on MFP but I think I'd like to add some new friends. I really love all the stupid shenanigans on here but I'm also in a current state where I need to do a little mental shifting. I have been far too obsessed with my body and I'm trying to fix that. A few months ago I was down to 115lbs and about 15% body fat. It was not unhealthy physically but I think it may have damaged me a tad mentally. I was over training and losing my love for cycling, which is my absolute favorite thing. I don't think I'm the type of person who can maintain the super lean physique.

I'm currently around 130lbs. Perfectly healthy, yes, but I don't really like what I see in the mirror. I work out every morning running intervals, circuit training, P90x, etc. I do not track calories but I eat plenty. I love food! I still consider myself to be really fit. I could go ride 60 miles on my bike if I wanted too...I just don't want to. I want to enjoy all of my outdoor activities and not constantly turn them into competitions with myself. I also want to have a positive body image. I am f***ing sexy right now and I'm wasting it by critiquing myself in the mirror all the time.

Anyway...I don't want this to turn TL;DR. I'm just looking for some new friends who might have the same mentality that fitness and health are awesome but I don't need to be a fitspo pic. I want to have balance in my life. Health, fitness, fabulous food, and most importantly, fun can all work together to create a happy life.

Also, I'm in no way dissing my current FL. You guys are the shiz. :love:

Replies

• BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Oh me! Me! I'm also trying to work on being less vain, NO body hate, etc. Focus on what my body can do, not what I want it to look like....

Of course we are already friends. I could delete you and add you again. :flowerforyou:
  • mamasasa
    mamasasa Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    ”Whenever you are feeling less than good, if you will stop and say,’Nothing is more important than that I feel good - I want to find a reason now to feel good,’ you will find an improved thought. Anytime you feel negative emotion, you are in the mode of resisting something that you want, and that resistance takes its toll on you. It takes its toll on your physical body, and it takes its toll on the amount of wonderful things that you are allowing to come into your experience.”
    Abraham/Esther Hicks
    You are the shiz!!!!!:heart:
  • sillygoosie
    sillygoosie Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    Ok, so maybe I'm already friends with the right people!
  • mamasasa
    mamasasa Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    The more positive people, the merrier :flowerforyou:
  • Winston1717
    Options
    All for it..feel free to add.
  • tlab827
    tlab827 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    We are already friends on MFB but I too am trying really hard to have a "healthy" relationship with my weight/food/calories/exercise.
    I have great days and I still have self-loathing days, days where I am obsessed with calories and exercising, days where I hate the way I look, but they are becoming less and less frequent.

If you ever need a laugh, let me know. I got jokes!
  • kregerems
    kregerems Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Hi;

Check out my profile and add me if you want. I'm just on here to keep control of my food intake and manage what I eat with my workout routine. I'm 48 and well, have to work at keeping the weight off, but I'm not a fanatic about it.
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    I'm negative and live in a fantasy. Sorry.
  • butterpecan_ts
    butterpecan_ts Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    ROFL. at least you're honest with youself :wink:
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I've given up on numbers/sizes/percentages, and I'm focused instead on enjoying my life. I still can't fit comfortably into my pre-pregnancy jeans, but I'm just too busy practicing martial arts, running with my husband, and playing with my children to worry about it. I'm healthy, strong, and energetic. Good enough for me right now.