The Girls Are Too Big!

cbuggin22
cbuggin22 Posts: 121 Member
edited September 21 in Motivation and Support
I ordered some new shirts, because my old ones are getting too big and look sloppy. They are for work, so they button up. They fit great except in the bust. I have the gap. I really thought I would lose them as I lose weight but it doesn't seem so. I take biweekly measurements. They've reduced a tiny bit. I went ahead and ordered minimizers. Just wondered if anyone else had this issue...

Replies

• la4et
    la4et Posts: 134 Member
    My boobs didn't change size until I dropped 60 pounds!
  • Panda86
    Panda86 Posts: 873
    Kinda wish I had that problem..... my boobs were the first to go! :noway: :sad:
  • TooFine4MFP
    TooFine4MFP Posts: 134 Member
    I was a 46DDD before I lost 70 lbs, and I went down in bra size but not in cup size: I ended up a 38DDD. My breasts sagged so bad they hurt my back and neck. I had to wear 2 bras in order to go jogging. Sports bras were not even an option. I ended up getting a breast reduction and now w/ my weight loss I look totally proportioned. Now I'm a 38C. Not saying you should do that, but I feel your pain w/ the boob thing. I had the gaping shirts and the endless cleavage that pulled my shirts down in the front. Minimizers may help, but they only take u down about a cup size or so usually............
  • They make a tape type thing that is specifically for that in the material department. It works really nice and doesn't gap open! I ended up with breast cancer so I got them reduced then. Thank God! Good luck on your weight loss journey!! :happy:
  • mrsw510
    mrsw510 Posts: 169
    I have always had that problem even when I was thin. I have to buy a size larger for the girls or wear a tank underneath and leave the top couple buttons undone.
  • aymetcalf
    aymetcalf Posts: 597 Member
    Wish I could relate... my boobs are the first to go. ::sigh::
  • prinqt
    prinqt Posts: 29 Member
    I unfortunatly have the same problem. tiny safety pins are what I use until I have the money for a reduction.
  • sajar_06
    sajar_06 Posts: 173 Member

I know I wish I had that problem or even a slight problem. Mine completely went away to nothing. Sad .
  • jessicajoy87
    jessicajoy87 Posts: 905
    Ugh! I know! My boobs piss me off!
  • Sarandipity
    Sarandipity Posts: 1,560
    I have gone up in cup size from a 44E to a 36G. You are so not alone. :flowerforyou: I have been buying shirts from Ricki's and they have started making blouses with tiny snaps between the buttons across the bust so you could try sewing some in..
  • CudyBug
    CudyBug Posts: 742 Member
    I totally understand. I always had big boobs. I was the first in school to start gettting them too. Totally sucked and had to wear button up shirts in 5th grade which is when they became very large if you can imagine.

I ended up getting a reduciton at 17. I couldnt wait any longer because I knew I would lose my parents insurance when I became an adult and the insurance paid for the reduction. I had been saying things about doing it for years though. My mom never got the hint untill I told her to make the calls! It was the best thing I ever did. Now two kids later I got alittle fuller but not much. I can tell though after losing 30 lbs that the size is smaller but not the cup so I need to buy different bras which sucks because its hard to get a D cup in a smaller number ya know
  • as for me. i lost already.

im not sure. if it just cause i was working on muscle that works for the bust too...

in my theory i think. the reason why we dont lose inches off of our bust. is cause we arent working the muscle to lose it? or since maybe it got the most fat. that every where else loses first before the bust do. im not 100% sure about that... but i also seen that people lose 50 lbs or more and they start to lose inches off their bust.

like i said or at least think. we arent working the muscle off our bust unlike the other body. does more work.
  • EboniA
    EboniA Posts: 181 Member
    I watch What Not to Wear and they always say to buy a size bigger and have it tailored so the boobs fit with the rest of you and it doesn't look weird. You might try that with the shirts you already own so there's not a double cost. I've heard tailoring is not as expensive as it would seem. I have the same problem so I don't have many button downs. The ones I do own have a safety pin in the middle. Good luck.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    You lose first what you gain last and vice versa. I didn't lose my boobs until about a couple months ago, after my belly and waist and now my thighs are finally doing their thing. I only went up one cup size this last time and now I'm back into my regular size. Everyone's different. It might take some time...you might never lose it, just wait and see!
  • lisawest
    lisawest Posts: 798 Member
    If you read my profile, and some topics from months ago, I talked about a similar problem. I was a 42G at one point. Uggg. My first weight loss goal was to be able to buy a bra at Walmart or Target. Well, in June I finally achieved that goal! It took the entire school year, and almost 40lbs to do it, but I did. :happy:

I don't know what to tell you that will help.:ohwell: All the solutions I used have already been mentioned. They've already mentioned that last place gained is first place lost. It's so frustrating when our bodies don't want to lose in the areas we want them to. I'd love to lose this belly (2 c-sections later), and I would've loved to keep at least SOME of my backside. Unfortunately I still have the belly and no butt to speak of. (I know, tough problem, but it's a flat no butt, not an attractive no butt, so off to the stairsteps I go.)

Keep up the good work. It may take awhile, but eventually it will start to come off your chest, too. Keep on keepin' on!:flowerforyou:
  • amicklin
    amicklin Posts: 452

Diddo! :( I could get away with a trainer bra now, very sad :(

Alot of it has to do with here your body likes to retain the most body fat/ weight and your genetics. It will come off eventually, other areas may just slim up a bit first!

Keep at it!
  • Kityngirl
    Kityngirl Posts: 14,304 Member
    I keep going down band sizes and up cup sizes so I feel your pain (I've lost a total of almost 70lbs in the last few years). I pretty much just don't buy anything that buttons up the front or I buy dress shirts that have a little bit of stretch to them (I've gotten really good at pinning them shut without the safety pins showing :laugh: ).
  • cbonuz
    cbonuz Posts: 63
    I totally understand. I've lost 33 lbs and my breast size remains the same. I was able to buy smaller size blouses however the gap is still there. What I did was stitched a little section closed between the two buttons. Now when I wear the blouse, I just put it on over my head. That works for me :)
This discussion has been closed.