Trying to go from 22% body fat to about 15%.. How?

Options
I am a 24 year old female. 5'4" and about 123 lbs. My diet and exercise has gotten me from about 28% to about 21.5% body fat. But now I'm starting to plateau, so I need a stricter diet. How do I do this? Thinking about competing at some point but I'm new to the diet. I'm not so concerned about the number on the scale so much as I want my body fat percentage to go down.

Replies

• Phoenix_Warrior
    Phoenix_Warrior Posts: 1,633 Member
    Options
    Do you strength train? If not, highly suggest lifting heavy!
  • missADS1981
    missADS1981 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    eat at a deficit
    lift weights, heavy weights not light weights
    do HIIT
  • confused_truffle
    confused_truffle Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    If you wanna experiment with hacking your body's abilities, try increasing the amount of fats you consume (butter, coconut oil, olive oil, organic meat and dairy fats) while lowering the amount of carbohydrate you consume.

Stay active, and your body will steadily burn your fat stores instead of your glycogen (stored carbohydrates not being burned). It's a scientific process the body naturally knows how to do. Not dangerous, but can be limiting as far as eating out, scrutiny from friends/family, ect. If you don't eat enough fats, your body will convert your muscle tissue into glucose to burn for energy. Be wary of this.

I had a lot of success, and by tapering down the carbs and upping the fat I got to 17% without trying and doing cardio with weights. Hope this helps, definitely do your research though.