Can you do anything you want with left over calories?

Options

Replies

• UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I like to keep my left over calories in Tupperware. They are always fresh when I need them later.
  • K_Serz
    K_Serz Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Lets say I've had a really low calorie day and have only eaten about 1200 calories. Would it be okay to the go eat a chocolate bar of 400 calories at the end of the day because I am allowed 1600 calories per day?
    Obviously I know it will throw my allowed sugar way off but Im still within my calories...

Been wondering about this.

Obviously....

tumblr_lrkyiz8Zty1qjz3f2.gif
  • MG_Fit
    MG_Fit Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Usually some for of alcohol finds its way into my diary when this happens.

Then I'm like confetti.gif
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    beer.

this except whiskey
  • CouleeRunner
    CouleeRunner Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Joking aside, go ahead and have the treat. :)
  • markheusser
    markheusser Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    If you are doing IIFYM and it wont go over on your other macros...yeah eat that ****.
  • Nikoruo
    Nikoruo Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Well if i have extra and I always always do sooo... more like, if i haven't reached at minimum 1200 calories a day than i like to find something that will kick it over the line a good 10 or 20 calories extra while also being within my macros. So as an example... I'm under my calories minimum of 1200 calories by... 100 or so but my carbs are nearly maxed out!! well then i'd choose about 120g of chicken breast to fill up the void.

Now if i'm not looking into macros at all (so like a cheat day or something, as on cheat days where i only watch calories) than maybe a nice chocolate bar or some candies if i feel like it to kick it over my min of 1200 calories.

Usually i'm a firm believer of logging all food ahead of time but some days it just doesn't happen. At that point you just eat what you need to (within reason aka within calorie +macros) to boost it up before bed time if you were short on calories. :)
  • lollypoppet
    lollypoppet Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    You can always treat yourself once in a while :)
  • mafke
    Options
    Usually if I'm going to reward myself I only do it after alot of intense exercise aka burn a ridiculous amount of calories. So if you under ate so you could have a 400 calorie desert bar I'd say NO it's not ok
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    Choose your philosophy.

Personally, if I've hit my macros and micros, I use them for evening treats like ice cream, chocolate, chips, alcohol, etc.... If I've not hit my macros/micros, I use the remaining calories to ensure that I do.

If you're of the 'clean eating' persuasion, then you should stick to your personal philosophy and keep it clean. Personally I don't feel it's necessary, but to each their own.

Finally, you could 'bank' them. Effectively this involves running a slightly higher deficit some days allowing you to indulge a little more on another day while keeping your weekly deficit constant. For example you may know you have a party coming up at the weekend where there will be loads of good food and drink you want to enjoy. If you 'bank' an excess 200 calories every other day of the week, that gives you 1,200 to splurge at the party.

There are probably a dozen other opinions out there, and in my opinion most are perfectly valid (after all, by it's very definition pretty much any diet philosophy that hits your macros will fit under IIFYM). About the only one I wouldn't subscribe to is regularly not eating them - that artificially increases your deficit, potentially from a safe, steady level to a reckless one. If you've carefully picked your deficit, you should stick to it. You chose it over a higher option for a reason.
  • thesupremeforce
    thesupremeforce Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    I sometimes chuck my left over calories at passing cars.
  • Regan45
    Regan45 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Beer. The answer is always beer. What a silly question.

If you don't drink, them dress them up in little costumes and put on a play for the neighborhood children. Teach them how to ea properly. Joy will be had by all!

Wine. The answer is always wine........

But seriously, beer. Drink the beer.
  • kdz526
    kdz526 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I save em..then treat myself to several beers or a nice dinner out. I figure its more of the week count for calories then the day.
  • Regan45
    Regan45 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Wine. The question doesn't matter.
  • Hildy_J
    Hildy_J Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    I donate mine to a shelter

:bigsmile:

I like this answer best. :laugh:
  • ice1200s
    ice1200s Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Go for it; it won't kill you. Just get back on the wagon tomorrow.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    food5.jpg
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Go for it; it won't kill you. Just get back on the wagon tomorrow.

Back on what wagon?
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    If you have the extra calories, you want the chocolate bar, it won't trigger a binge, and you have it there sure, eat it.
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    My favorite answers are the funny ones but on a serious note...

This is a 22 year old male talking about eating 1200 calories...

Kid, you need to EAT.
    MORE food, REAL food.
    Aim for BARE MINIMUM 1600 calories of healthy food or you're not getting the nutrients you need. You should probably be netting more like 2000 a day for weight loss, anything less than that is a recipe for disaster.