Lean cuisine with a side of bulimia

Options
124»

Replies

• CEThornton
    Options
    I will say that puking in public toilets is awful. The worst are the ones with auto-flush that just keep on flushing, over and over.

Very glad that wasn't the case!
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Former bulimic here. Sorry to burst your bubble, but this isn't funny.

+1 on this sentiment. Unless having your electrolytes drop so low that you collapse and have a seizure-like episode in front of your mother is funny to you......yes, that happened to me when I was bulimic and not replenishing my electrolytes. Very scary.
  • Zangpakto
    Zangpakto Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Some people need to lighten up. I joke about being fat all the time. I joke about depression. I joke about a lot of things that are serious and 'wrong' in my life often. Sometimes that's a good way to cope, and not being too serious about stuff will improve your life drastically.
    if you've never suffered from bulimia, or another type of eating disorder, you shouldn't be joking about it. it's not going to improve anyone's life drastically cracking jokes about what's slowly killing them.

In that case, I think the joke was funny and I would have laughed also.... Now what you gna say about that?

I've been recommended for inpatient because my psychiatrist thinks it best for me so does doctor and psychologist. So yea...

And btw, joking and being lighthearted about these things can actually help! Being serious and being viewed as a complete looney by others occasionally yes... you need to view things in a lighthearted and not take peoples comments too seriously!

If you have a problem or different view then I doubt you been in same place. I doubt you been cast out, I doubt you been viewed and talked at behind your back or made fun of and jokes being thrown at constantly.

Point is, it would do everyone in this world a lot of good to ease up and rather not take jokes or comments too seriously... I mean you should take your medical advice seriously but other stuff... nah it shouldnt get to ya :)
  • JuantonBliss
    JuantonBliss Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Poor taste.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    Some people need to lighten up. I joke about being fat all the time. I joke about depression. I joke about a lot of things that are serious and 'wrong' in my life often. Sometimes that's a good way to cope, and not being too serious about stuff will improve your life drastically.
    if you've never suffered from bulimia, or another type of eating disorder, you shouldn't be joking about it. it's not going to improve anyone's life drastically cracking jokes about what's slowly killing them.

If you have never been X you cannot comment on Y.

That's always a fail argument when someone states it. I always giggle.

i never said comment, i said joking. :ohwell: i just don't think it's funny, coming from someone with an eating disorder, and don't think it should be joked about.

I made you statement more generic, because people use it all the time, and it's full on fail.

I don't suffer an ED, and I will joke about it. Just like I'm not a cop, but I'll comment on them and make fun of them. I'm not a politician, but I will comment on and make fun of them.

I'm not a sabretooth bear tiger with frickin' lazers and sweet flowing locks made of rage and rainbows. But I'll comment the hell out of them.

Boom, freedom.

<Insert offensive joke here.>

Besides, there is no benefit towards attempting to shame and get sandy bottomed over a harmless joke. Too many real issues to get all up in anger here about.
  • DashDeV
    DashDeV Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Poor taste.

Agreed. Those lean cuisines are bland.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    Poor taste.

Agreed. Those lean cuisines are bland.

Seriously. What is it with their fear of msg?
  • KellyJannine
    KellyJannine Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I didn't think it was in poor taste. Honestly... if they thought it was real a bulimic incident, they wouldn't have said it.. no bulimia is not funny.. seriously guys let it go.. they didn't make a joke about how they should all join the club, that would have been crude...
  • KellyJannine
    KellyJannine Posts: 56 Member
    Options

Some people might find it funny...but that's not the point. It's against the rules of the message board.

THEN REPORT IT! smdh
This discussion has been closed.