Rice in slow cooker ?

Options
I have some chicken/ peppers/ onion etc in the crock pot. My husband is serving the kids dinner tonight. Should I throw the rice in the crockpot and a little water/broth in the mixture so it's all i dish or should i tell him to make rice and serve it with the food?

I don't usually put rice in the crock pot, I don't want the food to meld together and be bland, but putting it in the crock pot would save him some time later.

Replies

• Docmahi
    Docmahi Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    Ive done chicken where I slow cook the chicken for like 5.5 hours then throw the rice in for the last half hour to 45 minutes left of cook time and always comes out pretty good

dunno about slow cooker variance though and the type of rice
  • rebbylicious
    rebbylicious Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the answer. I decided rather than try to guess if he would rather have convenience or the food taste better I should just call him and ask. haha I think with adding rice i would have to add liquid, which would reduce the flavors in the chicken/peppers. He preferred to just make the rice.

So I guess this will lead to another question to keep this thread from being a waste of time... What recipes do you use in the crock pot that contain rice? I am sure a tested recipe has the flavors already tweaked and figured out.