Good Running Shoes for Women?

Options
For the past 2 weeks I've been running more and I'm really starting to like it! I do between 3.5 and 5 miles every time I run! I have developed a big blister on my second toe (weird right?) and my feet are hurting more than usual. It's not horrible but I want to fix it before it really turns into a problem! So what are some good running shoes? :) I use a treadmill btw

Replies

• pcotter54
    pcotter54 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I had good luck by going to a specialty running gear store. They have a special machine you step on that shows where you put the weight on your foot. Then I went on a treadmill and they watched my stride. After that they recommended some specific shoes, which have proven to be great. I imagine there's a lot of variability, so what's good for one person might be a mistake for another.
  • Stage14
    Stage14 Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    Definitely go to a running store and have a gait analysis done. They will then bring you shoes to try on based on your foot and running style and let you try them out to find the best match. I never spend a lot of money on anything clothing or workout related, but my running shoes were the best investment I have ever made.
  • iggylove123
    Options
    Okay I'm looking to spend under $100 for sure. Like preferably even under $75! I'm a sophomore in college AKA NO MONEY
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    Diffrent people need diffrent shoes me i like asics but my husband has a bad pronate and has to buy more expensive shoes
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    You can get some pretty good shoes for that price
  • NaeNaeJanae
    NaeNaeJanae Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Definitely go to a running specialty store! They will analyze your gait and recommend the perfect shoe for your feet. Best purchase ever!!! Good luck! :)
  • redd_87
    redd_87 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I bought Mizuno's women's running shoes, Wave Inspire 9. I was running in a running shoe made for trails prior to buying my Mizuno's, and needless to say those were giving me blisters on the treadmill. The Mizuno's run between $100-115 for the newest version of the line you're looking for, but they are well worth it. I found mine for $99 online with no charge in shipping. I started running them the first day they arrived and never had to break them in or anything; they are the most comfy running shoes I've ever owned. A good pair of running shoes are usually more expensive than typical gym shoes, but it's well worth the extra money.
  • kristy6ward
    kristy6ward Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Try going to a running store to see what kind of shoe they would put you in. Go through the motions of trying on everything they give you to see what you like. Then take that information to someplace like the runningwarehouse.com or roadrunnersports.com. Most running shoes come out with a new 'generation' every year. To save some bucks you could go with an older generation (ie Brooks Ravenna 3 vs Ravenna 4). Look for models that are going to be retired or are endangered. My favorite brand to run in are Brooks, but that may be different for you. It's worth it on your knees and hips and feet to invest in a good pair of shoes.

And don't forget about socks! 100% cotton socks could be the reason you have blisters as well. I may sound silly, but I spent $26 on 3 pair of drymax socks, but I love them and have never gotten blisters.