How many calories in fruit/veggies when juicing?

DrSchizo
DrSchizo Posts: 19 Member
I bought a juicer and I am trying to count my calories. I have no idea how to count calories for juiced fruits & veggies. I see that there are some posts that have what foods are being juiced, and how much calories it is, but they dont say how many (carrots, apples, celery stalks, how many cups of spinach, etc) are being used. Does anyone have individual calories for specific foods such as one apple, one orange, 1 carrot, half a lemon, one celery stalk, 1 cup of spinach, 6 stems of kale, etc? Please help! Thanks!

Replies

• Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    I usually find them in the food database pretty easily. I juice fruits and vegetables for my first meal almost every day.
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Make it a recipe
  • thegilly6
    thegilly6 Posts: 137 Member
    Everything you've mentioned is in the data base. You can create a recipe and add each ingredient.
  • DrSchizo
    Thanks all. I had been using MFP as an app on my phone and didnt realize there was more to it on an actual computer :) I found everything I needed and made my recipe! Yay!
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    I weigh each individual fruit/veg after juiced, using the grams.
  • shirleyh1946
    shirleyh1946 Posts: 100 Member
    I am waiting for my Juicer to be delivered. I never though of How To Add all the ingredients-I figured they would be in our Database.
    Thanks, everybody for the info.:smile:
  • DrSchizo
    So far there is only 1 recipe that I know and like lol I am going to have to switch it up eventually, before I get tired of this one that I'm making. I use beets, spinach, kale, orange, apple, celery, carrots, a lemon wedge, and a small piece of ginger. I forgot to add the ginger to the calories, but I'm sure it's not much for the little amount that I use.